" Chapter 10 "

When Melissa reached us she stood in front of Tommy, her hands on her hips, she looked so much like Ms. Jackson that I'm surprised Tommy didn't recoil. After a few minutes he just said,

" I'm guessing you know ".

Melissa just sighed, and grabbed her long hair in an slightly frustrating manner, before taking a deep breath and saying.

" Tommy did you and Ian had another altercation ".

Tommy just shrugged,

" Altercation, nawh, more like we decided to kick the living shit of each other, sister ".

Melissa looked at Tommy all previous frustrations forgotten, instead worry laced her face features, Matthew approached her from behind and wrapped his arms around her. Melissa continued to look at Tommy a soft and tender expression on her face, for a moment she looked like Tommy's mother.

" Oh it was about that wasn't it ", Tommy just hugged Rachael tighter for emphasis. It was a small gesture but I knew what it meant, I've come a tad bit too late, that kind of love was something I couldn't compete against it, I've already lost Tommy too many times, but this kind of made it final.

Well shit, I guess I lost then.

" Fucking asshole, and he had the nerve to stay behind at the hotel when he got us,  flirting and trying to hook up with every girl back there, he's nothing but a dog, an attractive dog, but that's not the point ", Melissa was muttering angrily to herself, Mathew suddenly said, his chin resting slightly on her shoulder.

" I could help Tommy kick the living shit out of him ".

As he said this Tommy and Rachael looked into each other's eyes, I don't know what was said between them silently but Tommy just said.

" That's ok Matt, I'm pretty sure " Pretty boy Ian won't be fucking any girl soon, well not after I fucked his perfect face off ".

" Speaking of which ", Mandy suddenly spoke up and stared at Tommy in a reproving sisterly way. Tommy just looked at her, a little smirk playing on his lips, he grinned.

" Oh I forgot my dear little sis has a crush on Ian don't you Mandy ".

This was something I didn't knew about and to my surprise Mandy was blushing furiously and embarrassingly, redness tinged  her cheeks.

" That's not true ", she told Tommy, it was pretty obvious she was mortified.

Tommy just shrugged,

" Does nothing to me, beats me why you do anyway I mean you have Paul over there, pretty, blond hair, blue eyes, looks like a younger version of Paul Walker ".

" Hey man leave me out of it ", Paul said from behind Chris.

Tommy just brushed his comment off and continued saying,

" Anyways Mandy, you and Ian it's never going to happen or at least it shouldn't because you will only get hurt at the end and dealing with your broken heart. Which means that I will have to deal with it because I'm your brother then I will have to kill him and Rachael won't be there to stop me this time.

" You can't help who you fall in love with Tommy ", Mandy stated.

" Ain't that the truth ", I mentally said to myself.

Melissa took charge of the situation before it got out of hand,

" Tommy if you fixed up your car then the rest of us can get on the road again, driving back to the hotel we are staying in. I know you have to visit your sacred heritage burial grounds and I support you but I also know this is something you have to do yourself. I'll take Zoe and Rachael back with me while you do what you need to do then you can join us when you are ready ".

" And that's why you are the big sister and I love you, sounds good to me ".

" I love you too silly head ", Melissa said before giving him a hug.

Melissa, Matthew, the rest of our friends started walking back towards their vehicles, even Rachael. But before she did, Tommy and her had hugged and kissed each other.

" Come back to me, I'll wait for you, hot, beautiful, dressed up and steamy ", she told him.

" I'm looking forward to it ", Tommy replied giving her a smile, not a grin but a big I love you more than anything in the world smile. Rachael blew him a fluttering kiss and Tommy pretended to caught it in his hands and pressed it against his chest, where his heart was.

Watching them a gut wrenching feeling sent my stomach into a knot.

It really hurts, it really fucking hurt.

Despite my feelings towards that particularity moment in specific, suddenly it dawned on me that if we all left then it would mean Tommy making this trip alone. I knew what I had to do, after all no one deserved to make such hurtful trip by themselves, it was better to do it in the company of someone who loved you. And despite everything that had happened I loved Tommy.

" I would like to stay here with Tommy if that's all right with him of course ", I suddenly said. Tommy just looked at me and gave me a thumbs up sign.

" I guess that's settled then ", Mandy said.

" Zoe if you don't mind going on some boring drive to visit some ruined property then yes you are more than welcomed to accompany me ",  Tommy spoke up turning to face me.

" I don't mind one bit ", I grinned at him, my grin turning into a heartfelt warm full blown dazzling smile.

" We'll see you back at the hotel all right then ", Melissa gave her brother a hug and me she gave me a girly hug too.

" Take care of my brother please, Zoe ", she whispered in my ear giving me a gentle pat on the back, then afterwards our friends got in their vehicles and one by one they started driving off. When they were gone it was just me and Tommy alone, the only ones left. Tommy suddenly stretched out his hand towards me and in his most serious voice said to me.

" Zoe will you be my warrior maiden and accompany me on this dangerous quest to restore my family's honor ".

" Of course I will my knight in shining armor, together you and I will face the monsters from Hade's underworld and defeat Kronos then throw him in the darkest deepest pit of Tartarus. That way thy father one of the big three most powerful Olympian God's won't blast you into bits or turn you into something unnatural ", I grabbed his hand with mine and couldn't help feeling the wonderful sensations spreading trough my skin at his touch. I wondered if he felt them too, but apparently not. Tommy guided me back towards his Mustang, the gentleman he was, he opened the passenger's door for me so I could get in, afterwards when we were safely buckled down and settled Tommy turned on the engine and together we started driving uphill on the road, towards the mountains, towards his home.

I knew that many people would not understand our geeky nerdy moments but I didn't care, those were me and Tommy's special moments.

Whatever happened next with Tommy by my side I would face the fire's of Hades without any fear.