• Three •

"Miss Chang"

"Yes?"

"Could you solve the algebraic equation on the board?"

"Nae" Why wasn't I paying attention? Looking down at my book I realise I haven't been listening for the entire lesson.

"Miss Chang, the answer?"

"I'm not sure on the working out but is it x=-3+4?" Please be right, please be right.

She sighs, "correct" and turns her attention away from me and onto some other poor individual. What a guess!

"That was impressive" Namjoon fidgets and pushes his glasses further up his nose. Hm cute.

"Kamsamnida" I say coldly, I don't like any of 'the populars' and yes I know that sounds very cliché.

"I'm sorry if I'm distracting you, I'll stop talking now" He lowers his head, studying the maths problem in front of him. He looks somewhat sad but I don't let it bother me; I don't like him, I'm sure he doesn't like me, there shouldn't be a problem here.

"Nae, I think that'd be best." Out the corner of my eye I see him look up surprised at my hostility but instead of retaliating in a rude way he simply looks at my book, picks up a red pen and corrects all my answers. I seriously haven't got that many wrong, right? 12/19 questions incorrect.

"Now that, not so impressive." He bites the top of his pen smugly. You've got to be kidding me. I just made a complete fool of myself in front of the smartest guy in the entire school. Someone kill me now, I look like a complete moron! I look like a 'Kim Taehyung'! I don't want to be that level of stupid.

"Ah Ms Lee what brings you here?" Looking up my eyes meet Hyejin's. What is she doing here?

"Mr Choi would like to see Ms Chang"

"Right now?"

"I apologise for interrupting but nae, right now" she bows. I collect my things, quickly shoving them into my bag. Goodbye algebra and goodbye Namjoon you overly smart noöb.

"Annyeong" I bow before leaving the class with Hyejin. "So what does Mr Choi want?"

"I think he wants to speak to you about the interview with Taehyung"

"I really don't think I'm going to do it. I can't stand the guy!"

"You don't have to, there'll be a chair in the room with you" She jokes

"I'm being serious!" I laugh lightheartedly

"I know, I know, but still, the interview isn't going to last long. You only have to ask him a couple questions, write them down then write a simple article, it won't take long to do all that."

"But I have to sit in a room with that vile, disgusting-" I open the door to the editors office.

"Oh, I hope you weren't talking about me"

"Taehyung what are you doing here?" I grit my teeth.

"I thought you'd be happy to see me"

"Annyeong" Hyejin waves quickly before I could say anything.

"Ms Chang, please sit" Mr Choi points to the seat beside Taehyung, I simply cross my arms and stay where I am. "Or not"

"Why is he here?" I point to Taehyung.

"He's here to discuss the article with us-"

"I never agreed to do this article!"

"Ms Chang please lower your voice"

"I don't even like being in the same room as him!"

"That's a little rude don't you think princess?"

"Do not call me princess" I hiss

"Ms Chang please sit, your aura is very intimidating."

I smirk then pull the chair away from Taehyung, sitting down a good few feet away from him.

"Honestly Ms Chang I don't see what your problem is"

"I've had enough of the conversation-" I get up to leave, quickly dusting the non existent dust off my legs.

"You will not disrespect me in such a way!" Mr Choi shouts, Taehyung and I flinch at the sudden outburst. "You should be honoured! You're the best journalist I have, I've chosen you personally to write an important article and this is what I get, downright rudeness! What have I done to deserve this" As his speech comes to an end he slowly lowers his head, gently resting it in his hands.

"I apologise for my rudeness," I bow deeply, "I will do the article Mr Choi and I'm very grateful that you have chosen me to write such an important story." I stand straight and look at Taehyung who's just spacing out, if he does this during the interview I'll go mad. He then looks up at me and box grin. Hm cute. No. Not cute. Ew Taehyung. I roll my eyes and he frowns. Yeah that's right, I don't like you, not even a little.

"So, when do you want to start?" Taehyung asks to no one in particular.

"When will be best for you Ms Chang?" Mr Choi asks

"Whenever I guess" I play with my fingers, finding the whole situation a little awkward and uncomfortable. If I can't be in the same room as him when there's an adult present, what will happen when I'm alone with the imbecile?

"Great after school tonight at yours" Taehyung smirks then grabs his bag quickly making his escape.

"You have got to be kidding me" I face palm, "why my house?" I complain. Mr Choi just shrugs before saying, "You can leave now Ms Chang, I appreciate you doing this, I know you don't like him." Sighing, I bow then turn the door handle and exit the room without another word. This is ridiculous. I hate Kim Taehyung. He's nothing but an unimportant speck to me and that's how it will stay.

Even though he is this little speck that I care nothing about, I can't stop thinking about that grin he gave me back in the editors office. It seemed genuine. It almost made me forget that he's huge heartbreaker. Ugh. He's really getting to my head. You hate the populars, they're cruel and manipulative, I remind myself as I plod down the corridor to my next lesson.