Day Seventy

I woke up quite early today since I wanted to go for a run before I go to the office. I had the strangest dream about marrying Jaxon but at the wedding Luke was there as his best man which I know would never happen. I tied my hair into a high pony and put on a sports bra and running shorts. I put on my nike running shoes and headed out the door. I plugged my earphones and took off.

After running to get my head cleared out I hopped in the shower and cleaned myself up. I put on a floral backless pleated slip dress. I put on black wedges and did my makeup and hair. I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs to the garage. I hopped in my car and made my way to the office.

I arrived the office and parked my car. I walked in and was immediate greeted by familiar faces. "Morgan!" Brenda and Brianna yelled giving me a big hug. I hugged them back. "You're finally back! Are you ready to work your butt off?" Brenda asked and I nodded eagerly. "That's great to hear. You know where your office is. We'll check up on you by the end of the day." Brianna said and I walked out to head to my office.

(Attach Photo: Sketch pad and a pencil.)

Day 70: Brain storming and sketching out some ideas for the new clothes :) #100DaysChallenge

I was going through the sketches I have sketched when my phone buzzed. I looked to see Cameron was calling me. "Hey Cammy!" I cheerfully said. "Hey Morgs. I heard you were back in town." He said. "Yup, just got back two days ago." I informed him. "What are you doing right now?" He asked. "I'm at the office. How about you?" I asked him. "Nothing really. Can you go out for lunch?" He asked. "Yes I can. We can have lunch downstairs at the restaurant." I suggested. "Sounds great. See you in a bit!" He said and we said our goodbyes and hung up.

I finished up a couple of designs before I got up to tell Brenda and Brianna I'll be downstairs for my lunch break. Cameron texted me that he was downstairs waiting at the restaurant. I texted him back that I was on my way. I headed to the elevator and pressed the ground level where the restaurant was. I walked out of the elevator and into the restaurant where I saw Cameron looking down on his phone waiting. "Sorry to keep you waiting." I said and his head snapped up and smiled. He stood up to hug me and we both sat down. "I'm glad your back, Morgs. I missed you." He said making me smile. "I missed you too Cammy." I said. We both ordered our food and talked while we waited.

"Hows Jax?" He asked before he took a bite off his sandwich. "He's good. He texted me this morning to check up on me." I said and he smiled. "I'm glad you guys are doing good." He said and I nodded. "I have to tell you something." I said and Cameron looked at me. "What is it?" He asked. "It's about Luke." I said and he sighed. "What's with him now?" He asked and I giggled at his protective side. "Calm your butt Cammy. He just wanted to talk and I met up with him to see for myself what he had to say." I told him and he kept quiet for me to continue.

"Now I feel bad for Luke." He said and I gave him a confused look. "Look, I'm all about you being happy with Jax and that's all I want is for you to be happy. Knowing Luke's side now it sucks for him. He did something to protect you but they still did the harm. He probably feels like he didn't do enough. What I don't get is why did it take him this long to let you know?" He said. "Well, he said that they just fired the guy but when he was still in the management team Luke couldn't do anything about it." I said. "Oh. I wonder why Mia would agree in the first place." He said and I gave him a are you kidding me look. "The girl loves fame and drama. You've seen the dirty looks she gives me." I said and he laughed. "So what was your reaction to the whole thing?" He asked. "To be honest I just felt bad. Obviously he did it to protect me and what did I do? I jumped into someone else's arms in the process." I said. "Did he try to hint that he wants you back?" He asked. "Well he said that he respects my relationship with Jax and that he knows things won't go back the way they were so I'm guessing he's not going to try." I said. "Damn, Morgs. You've only been gone a month and all of this is happening." He said and I laughed.

I finally got home after working all day on new ideas. I liked all my ideas but I knew I could tweak them up a bit to make them better. I went to the bathroom to quickly shower to clean myself up. After showering I decided to go grab food since I haven't done grocery shopping since I've been back. I changed into a tank top and denim shorts. I put on some sandals and grabbed my purse and headed out the door.

I walked inside the restaurant and told them my order for take out. I sat on the seat to wait until my name was called. "Morgan?" Luke said getting my attention. "Hey Luke." I said giving him a quick hug which he smiled at. "Getting food?" He asked. "Yeah, haven't had the chance to go grocery shopping yet." I explained. "You getting food for yourself?" I asked. "Yeah, didn't really like what the boys made for dinner." He said and I laughed. "You can sit you know." I said and he laughed. He sat down in front of me while we waited for our food.

The television was on and it was on some News channel. "Breaking news: Some troops were ambushed at a site in Afghanistan. Many were injured. More information to come while we try to get a hold of our resources." The guy said and my jaw dropped. I started to shake and Luke looked worried. "You should call him." He said and I was too shocked to move. "Morgan, call him now." Luke said sternly. I was startled but did what he said. I got my phone and called him. He wasn't answering. I started to freak out. "Let me take you home." Luke offered knowing I was too rattled to drive. I nodded and he escorted me to out the door. We got in my car and he drove off towards my house.

We got to the house. "Are you going to be okay?" He asked. "Where's Meghan?" He added. "She's at a shoot I think." I said shakily. "Are you going to be okay?" He asked and I shook my head. "Can you wait with me until I hear more news. Until I hear he's okay." I said and he nodded. "Of course." He said and we got into the house. I'm not okay. I won't be okay until I know Jaxon was safe and he wasn't hurt. I hate this.

We sat on the couch with the television turned on waiting for more news about the ambush. But then there it was. The news we were waiting for.

"A couple of marines made it out alive but are being transported to the mainland as soon as they get a go signal. We have contacted their families and doing everything we can to help." He said. They didn't say names but as I was about to yell in frustration my phone buzzed and I saw it was Jaxon's mom. No. No. No. If she's calling me that means she was one of the family members that were contacted meaning Jaxon was one of the marines. Luke shook me signaling me to answer the call.

"Hello?" My voice cracked. "Morgan. I'm guessing you heard." She said and I cried. "Morgan honey it's going to be okay. He's strong. He will make it through this." She said but I couldn't stop. "Is he okay?" I asked. "He's one of the survivors but we requested that he would be taken to Chicago since we know more doctors there that we trust." She said. "I'm flying out. I'll be there tomorrow." I said hurriedly. "Honey, you don't have to do that." She said. "I have to. This is Jaxon. He does everything for me and all I can do now is be there for him physically." I said. "Okay, I will text you more details." She said and we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

"I'll help you pack." Luke said and I nodded heading upstairs to pack my suitcase. I didn't know what else to do but be there for Jax. As I packed my bags Luke called the airlines and booked a flight for me which I was grateful for. "Thank you." I told him. "You're welcome. Let me drive you to the airport." He offered and I nodded. "Thank you." I said and he gave me a reassuring smile.

I was finally at the gate and now was calling Tori to give her a heads up. "Tori." I said. "Say no more babe. Luke called a while ago and told me the news. I am so sorry to hear about Jaxon. I will take care of everything to clear your schedule until he's okay." She said and I thanked her and hung up the phone. I broke down crying once again.