small scare

"With no way out and a long way down, everybody needs someone around, but I can't hold you too close now

"With no way out and a long way down, everybody needs someone around, but I can't hold you too close now."

Harry's POV

I would have to give my parents credit.  They picked a hell of an island for our honeymoon! It is breathtaking. The weather is perfect here too. Not like New York where it is either insanely cold or excruciating hot. Kauai Island is where Eleanor and I will spend the next week together to get to know each other. Coming back we have to act like a madly in love newly married couple.

How do you act being madly in love? I don't think I've ever loved anyone else. I loved my grandmother but that is totally different. This is to love a whole different human being. Learning what hurts them and what doesn't. Their likes and dislikes. All their childhood memories and traumas. Everything that made them the person they are today.

How do you do that? It seems so exhausting. I mean, what's the point of it since you might not end up with that person anyway? Love seems pointless and unrealistic to me. It really does. I look at my parents and see that there is no way my mother loves my dad. He treats her like she's something he can use and control to his pleasing. It's her fault too that my dad treats her like that. If I were her I would have walked out a long time ago.

I know she hates him too. When I was younger she used to look at him with so much love and devotion. As I grew older, her smile became tighter and she became bitter. But what does she do? She pretends to be the perfect happy wife. I can't stand it. I can't them nor can I stand this.

I know Eleanor is going to hate me within time. It's only a matter of how quickly it's going to happen. I don't do romance or feelings. It's not like it's required in this situation because there's nothing between us that is real. I guess.

I mean, there are these few moments when I kiss her and she's in my arms. It's like I want to hold her close to me. She has this purity or something that just reels me in. I envy that she's not damaged or broken like me. Eleanor hasn't suffered much in this life it seems. There's a radiating positivity that just comes from her. She doesn't even have to smile for others to feel it.

I'm going to destroy that. Maybe not on purpose but if she's going to be around me for more than a year it’s bound to happen. That's just what I do to people that surround me. I make them just as unhappy as I am or even worse.

~~~

Eleanor didn't speak a word to me once Mau and that girl left us. Instead she dropped her bags to go running through the doors in the corridor. Awed, I settled my stuff too before going to see what she was up too. Was she trying to run away from me already? It was a little too soon for that.