love on the brain

"For a moment you were sure I'd die on you
For a moment I believed you loved me too
But life is never like this, and you're never strong
Too much of a good thing won't be good for long
Although you made my heart sing, to stay with you would be wrong
Too much of a good thing won't be good anymore
Watch where I tread before I fall."

Eleanor's POV

My mind wakes up long before my body does and right away I feel this incredibly strong pain in my head that makes it painful to open my eyes or even try to. If only I wasn't so curious to see what the hell is making that stupid annoying beeping sound that is coming to the right of me. The instant I finally manage to open them I regret it because the brightness in the room is too much for me.

It takes me a couple of blinks before my eyes finally adjust. There is a low whisper that I can barely catch onto that comes from far. I search to see where the voice comes from. I hear footsteps coming towards me and I hastily try to inch away from it.

I soon regret it when I feel a poking sensation in my arm. It hurts.

"Calm down Eleanor, you're alright, "a reassuring voice speaks to me.

I look to where it comes from and see my sister sitting on a couch next to my bed. Why am I in a bed while she is sitting in a couch? What is that damn noise?

I finally look around me noticing the IV machines. Great, I am in hospital. What did I do this time? 

I can’t seem to remember how I got here. I just remember coming home to Harry but anything after that is a blur. The more I try to concentrate on anything my head hurts, so I just stop.  

"Why am I here?" I ask Liza.

"We were hoping you'd be able to tell us when you wake up. Whatever you did though really knocked you out," Liza shakes her head disapprovingly.

"How bad am I?" I ask.

"Well, you have 34 stitches in your head. The doctors took scans and the whole lot and fortunately surgery wasn't necessary. But for some time you'll suffer from headaches and momentarily memory loss," Liza explains sympathetically.

"Holy crap, I definitely need to remember what the hell happened. That's a lot of stitches. Where's Mom and Dad?" I ask.

"They're having lunch with Harry and his parents. I'll text them to tell them that you're awake," Liza says, pulling out her phone.

"What are the Styles doing here? That's odd," I mumble confused. 

"Eleanor, you're married to Harry, remember? That's why they're here," Liza answers, giving me a puzzled look.

"I'm married?" I mutter, looking down at my left hand for confirmation. There it is: a wedding ring that I do not recognize. How is it that I remember going home to Harry but not that I was married to him?

"Yes love, you've been married to him for about 3 months now. They're on their way back now," she nods putting the phone back into her purse.

"Liza, don't let Harry get close to me please," I say, automatically shocking myself. Why do I feel this intense fear to be near Harry? My mind sees him as a threat and that is odd. I remember going home to him but not being married and I am terrified to be near him.