the aftermath

"It was always you. Can't believe I could not see it all this time, all this time. It was always you, now I know why my heart wasn't satisfied. "

Harry's POV

I don’t know what I am doing or what I must do to start making things right. I've never had to deal with the consequences of my actions. I know Eleanor is angry and hurt but she isn’t giving me room to make things better.

It has been a week since I moved out of our room. Literally a week since I had talked to Eleanor. I saw her around the house but that’s all. I'm sure the house workers have questions but they keep them to themselves, which is what I paid them to do.

But still I need some kind of indication that Eleanor wants things to work out between us. She had said she was done with me but I know we could make it work out. Because I know now that she cares. The way she cried when I told her about my mishaps. 

You don't cry like that over someone that doesn't mean anything to you. It sucks that I only found out then; but but I know now and I'll do anything to fix it.

I just don’t know what to do! I've never had a girlfriend or relationship this serious. I don't know what to say other than just apologising, which is the last thing she wants to hear since it doesn't change anything.

I did do something but I don't know if that would make a difference. The first day that I went back to the office I fired Taylor. I didn't want to but I did it out of respect for Eleanor. It was something I had to do. The only problem with that is that I now have to train a new assistant. Taylor knew everything about how I want things done and she was great in her job.

I don’t want more problems with Eleanor and if the situation was reverse I'd want her to do the same. 

Frustrated, I throw myself back on the bed despite being wet from the shower I just took. It is Saturday and I don’t have any plans since none of my friends are in town. Well, Zayn is in town but he'd want to go clubbing and that’s not my scene anymore. If I was single I would have most likely gone but I'm not. Married men don't go clubbing. 

Knowing myself I'd probably get drunk ending up bring a girl home. What if I invited Zayn over for a smoke session with some drinks? I hadn't seen him since the wedding. 

I get up and go over to my phone to call Zyan.

"Vas happening Haz? Miracle you ring," Zayn answers on the second ring.

"Nothing much. I was ringing to ask if you wanted to come over for a bit and have a smoke?" I ask.

"What about the missus? Wouldn't she mind?" Zayn asks.

"We're not on good terms but either way she wouldn't mind," I murmur turning to look at the door. 

"What did you do, Harry? Haven't you been married only a month or so?" Zayn laughs.

"I fucked up, mate and that's why I need you to
come over. I've never been in this position before," I sigh running a hand through my hair.

"All right, lad. I'll come over in a few with some good spliff," Zayn agrees and hangs up.

I throw my phone back on the bed then go into the closet to change. Since it was just Zayn coming over I change into black slacks and a black shirt. Then I exit the room to go set up the room where Zayn and I usually hang out in.