spaces

"All that we need is a rude awakening to know we're good enough."

Harry's POV

Eleanor seems different. She seems more absent-minded. I try to not stress since she keeps reassuring me that it wasn't me.

But then what was it? I don't know how to ask what is wrong. I asked nicely once she said no. But I knew something was happening.

"Harry, are you sure you can handle shopping with me? This is Paris so I'm really going to stock up on clothes, which means many hours of shopping," Eleanor asks me walking into the bathroom.

"Babe, I don't know how I feel about you wearing that," I murmur eyeballing how revealing it was of Eleanor. She was nuts, right?

"What's wrong? Does it look ugly? I bought it online earlier," she murmurs eyeing herself.

The problem wasn't that she looked ugly. Eleanor looked beautiful. Too beautiful but it's the kind of beauty I want to keep for my eyes only.

"Babe you're showing too much and I don't like that." I say slowly.

"Harry, I can wear what I want. It's my body, okay? Please don't turn into one of those guys. That's so overrated." Eleanor scolds rolling her eyes.

Keep calm Harry, I internally chant to myself. I smile sucking in a deep breath.

"Wear a coat over it then, please," I compromise.

Eleanor looks me in the eyes for a second before turning her head sideways. She chews on her lower lip and then nods.

"Actually that would look perfect. So, sure love," Eleanor smiles, blowing me a kiss before walking back into the closet.

I don't know if I want to kiss her or throw her over my knee to spank her. The thought made my stomach turn but I have to reign in my thoughts. I have to give Eleanor the space she asked for without asking for it out loud. It pained me because all I wanted to do was be close to Elle, to take her in my arms and lose myself in her. I could make it happen.

I walk into the closet and see what she is doing. My sexual drives could be dealt with later. Eleanor is fussing over which coat to wear but finally pick a black one that honestly looked like the other. I don't understand women and their fashion. I mean, I look good in my clothes, I suppose.

"Would you accompany me to church later Harry?" Eleanor asks, looking at me through the mirror.

I frown, hoping I heard her wrong.

"I can answer that question but I don't think you'll like my response." I say leaning against the door frame. Eleanor crosses her arms facing me now.

"Why wouldn't I like it?" Eleanor asks, arching an eyebrow at me.

"I don't believe in your god or any other god for that matter. So no, I wouldn't want to accompany you to church," I answer.

"You don't have to believe, Harry. I just want you to do with me, that's all," Eleanor retorts.

"Elle, I don't want to go and sit through something I don't enjoy." I sigh running a hand to my hair.