cold hard rejection

"Go ahead and cry, little girl. Nobody does it like you do. I know how much it matters to you."

Eleanor's POV

*2 Weeks Later*

I am going to lose my mind if I stay in this house any longer. I will become insane if I don’t do something about my situation.

For the past weeks I've been staying at home, lounging around while Harry goes to work. For weeks I've been plastered in every room our house has - spending countless hours watching movies and alternating between TV shows. 

What was making me lose my mind was not going out. Not interacting with people other than the house staff. I made friends with staff girls almost my age. They made it bearable to be here sometimes, although we weren't allowed many gatherings because of our social economic status. The wife of a billionaire shouldn't be making friends with the house workers. What will that do to the Styles reputation?

I hardly see Harry at night. I am always drifting off when I feel him climbing in bed. He is always gone when I wake up in the morning. I have breakfast by myself. Then I go back to bed and wake up at noon. I properly dress in my day clothes so that I only wear it for 5 hours. At six o’clock I usually make an excuse to retire into my sleepwear. 

I am getting tired of this. I even tried calling my family. One by one I called them. Mom, Dad, and even my sister in France! I am so bored I am even willing to call them. I just got married; I should be doing something.

I can’t let this bring me down or scar my vision on marriage. Maybe when the right one comes along he'll show more interest in me. He'll show me that he loves me and cares for my well being and sanity.

Unlike Harry. He just checks me. Checks to see that I'm breathing. Checks to see me functioning like a human. Checks that I complete the essential human functions such as; speak, hear, see, taste, and etc. 

I get that this isn't real but I still want to know how Harry is doing. I still want him to talk to me. I need him the most right now because I feel so alone. 

Sometimes I wish we were on the island again. Some days I daydream about our days on the island.

Harry talked more to me then. He would communicate with me, whether physical or emotional. Or even just for the sake of talking.

I lie down in my bed and turn towards Harry who is already facing me. He is fast asleep so I know I am safe to touch him.

"I miss you...talking to me." I whisper shakily not wanting to wake him. When he doesn’t stir I continue talking.

"I miss the Harry that's not angry or sad. But then I stop missing him because you wouldn't be you. I kind of got used to your grumpy side now so you can be mean all you want. But you're not changing my feelings towards you. They're on pause at the moment, so that leaves you off the hook," I murmur, pulling away from Harry.

I am settling down to fall back asleep when I feel an arm elope my waist. I nearly scream but then I remember that Harry is sleeping next to me. His hand stays against my waist, not moving or doing anything. I take a deep breath before closing my eyes. I am not going to push Harry. He is taking small baby steps, so I should do the same.