Epilogue Two

Esther's POV

I wonder why they brought me into this room.

I know I have been on my best behavior.

The door finally opens with the warden carrying a huge folder with many papers. There is no way that is my file.

I open my mouth to ask something but he doesn't let me speak.

"Ms. Matthews instructed to give you these documents in case she was to pass away," the old man says slowly.

"Rose passed away?" I frown confused. He pushes the folder over to me and then reaches inside his jacket pocket.

He places a white envelope on top of everything.

"Why am I in this room?" I try asking to see if he would answer that.

"Once you read that you'll know what to do, Ms. Eastwood." He says simply turning to walk out of the room.

"Read the documents in the folder," The warden grumbles before the door closes.

I grab the envelope and pull the letter out of it.

Essie,

If you are reading this I must be dead.

Don't worry if I am. I must have succeeded in something if all this information reaches you.

I know you were worried about not having proof of what the Styles did to you, your marriage to Harry as well as the contracts to your agreement. All your family records are in this folder.

Everything to prove how you were wronged and finally be able to be free.

I put away enough money for you to go anywhere in the world. There is a card that you can use to access those funds.

I want you and Eleanor to have a real shot at living long lasting happy lives. You two are the real victims here.

Forgive me for not speaking up when I should have. I hope that this will help you and that it's not too late. Don't waste anymore time.

xx Rose Matthews