First Meet

~ Emma ~

I woke up and slapped the alarm. I sat up and looked at the clock, 9:00am. I groaned and got out of bed. I went to the washroom and got ready.

I got dressed then made breakfast. Nothing better to start your day than eggs, bacon and hot coco with cinnamon. I finished eating and left for work.

I pulled up to the bakery and parked my car. I put some lipstick on, grabbed my purse and headed inside.

My boss, Mr. Cassidy, didn't like it when we were late for work. Well, he didn't like it anytime we screwed up. At first he requested that we call him Mr. Cassidy, but then he decided to let us call him by his first name, Neal.
Personally, I think it's because of his fiancé. He doesn't have any other family but he recently got engaged to Tamara, she's a wealthy business lady.

I put an apron on and hurried to the kitchen. I was the one who decorated the cupcakes. I love designing really cool looking cupcakes. I didn't just do cupcakes, I decorated any desert that needed icing.

I only had one friend at work, her name was Ruby. She was the cashier. I was close friends with her for about 5 years now, I met her right before I met August. She was the one who helped me get pasted the first few weeks, but the nightmares -or as I call them, memories- still remained.

Customers started coming in and I began decorating. I began placing cupcakes on a tray, once I filled the tray, I picked it up. I turned around but bumped into Ryan, a snobby jerk who I'm pretty sure was doing illegal stuff. The cupcakes went everywhere. I screamed and stood up, "Oh no!".

I looked over at Ryan as he got up. "Oops" he said smiling. He so did that on purpose. Neal walked in and gasped. "What happened in here?!" He yelled, more towards me than Ryan. I sighed, "I bumped into Ryan". I could tell by his face that he was not happy. "In my office. Now!" He spat. I nodded and ran towards his office. As I ran all I could hear was Neal yelling "clean it up!".

I got in his office and sat down on one of the chairs. Why did he want me to go to his office? I knew he wouldn't fire me because he always says he's going to, but never does. I sat and waited. Soon, I heard the door open. Neal walked in and sat in his chair across from me.

"Do you know why I called you in here?" He asked. I shook my head. He smirked, "You've messed up over 25 times in the year you've worked here! I managed to ignore and move past most of them, as I have with everyone else". I nodded slowly. "But now I'm done...I don't care who the person is, if you mess up in my bakery...you get punished".

I nodded, "I understand! It won't happen again!". He smiled and nodded, "I know...cuz you're fired!".

My eyes widened, "What?!". He grinned, "I said you're fired! Get out!". I shook my head, "Please, Mr. Cassidy, please! I need this job!". "You should have thought about that before you decided to create a huge mess in my kitchen" he said and stood up. "Now get out of my bakery!" He yelled, gesturing towards his office door. I sighed and went to grab my stuff.

Ryan was smirking as I grabbed my belongings and returned my apron. Before I left, I grabbed a cupcake and I ran to my car and drove around. I didn't know where I was going but I knew I had to go somewhere. Eventually I decided on going to a park nearby. I sat on the bench and are the cupcake I stole.

This sucks. I need that job to pay for my apartment. I finished the cupcake and looked out at the pond near the park. What was I going to do now?

My phone buzzed and I picked it up. It was from Ruby.

Ruby: I heard what happened. I'm so sorry, I know how much you needed that job.

I sighed and quickly replied.