Thinking Out Loud

~ Killian ~

I opened my eyes and sighed. I was about to get up but Emma's weight on me made me want to stay. I looked down at her and smiled. I wrapped my arms around her and held on. I smiled and closed my eyes.

I started to feel her stir. I opened my eyes and looked down at her. She lifted her head and looked at me. "Morning" she said smiling. I chuckled, "Morning".

She sat up and she was straddling me. I watched as she pushed her hair out from her face and looked around the room. "What's wrong?" I asked. She looked down at me and smiled, "Nothing...lets go meet your nephew". She got off me and straighten her clothes out. I stood up and stood beside her.

I looked around, there was no one else in the room. I grabbed her hand and we left. We walked back to my brothers room. When we opened the door, Liam was sitting in a chair sleeping and Elizabeth was sitting in the hospital bed holding Will. She looked up at us and smiled.

"Hey guys! I didn't knew you were still here" she said as we sat down on the side of the bed. I nodded, "I wouldn't miss this for the world". Emma smiled and looked at Will. "Can I hold him?" She asked. Elizabeth nodded and handed him to Emma. Emma stood up and began to rock him back and forth.

I looked back at Elizabeth, "How are you feeling?". She sighed, "That was the worst pain I've ever been through...but on the bright side, I got the most wonderful thing I could ever ask for". I smiled, "Is it really that painful?". She gave me a don't even ask! Look and I nodded. I wasn't going to get into that.

I looked over at Emma. She was lightly swaying and she's smiling at him. I smiled and looked back at Elizabeth, "She's going to make a great mom someday...just like you". Elizabeth smiled, "Thanks, and you're right, she will...maybe they'll be your kids".

My eyes widened. "What? You never even talked about a future together?" She asked. I shrugged, "No, not really". She chuckled, "Why not?". I shrugged, "Maybe it's too soon".

She shook her head, "You guys may have only been together for a short time, but you've been through more than what 10 year couples have been through". I nodded, "I just don't want to scare her off".

I turned and watched Emma, who luckily couldn't hear us. I looked back at Elizabeth, "You know?".

She nodded, "I get it...but I'm just saying it's fun to talk think about it even if there's no chance of it happening". I smiled and nodded.

--------------

I chuckled as I watched Emma and Liam try to put Will in the baby car seat. Emma sighed and looked up at me, "I give up!". I laughed and walked over to them, "Weaklings".

I undid the seat belt and loosened up the seat enough for Will. I turned to face them, "Done!". Emma rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around my waist. Liam handed Will to Elizabeth and chuckled, "How did you know how to do that?". I shrugged, "I read the manual". Liam rolled his eyes, "And you never said a word?". I shook my head, "It was fun to watch".

Elizabeth strapped Will in the car seat and closed the car door. She got into the passenger seat and put her seat belt on. Liam turned to us and smiled, "Thanks guys, we really appreciated you guys staying with us the entire time".

I smiled, "We're family...and family doesn't give up on family". He smiled and hugged me. Then he got into the car and drove away.

We walked into Emma's apartment and turned the TV on. We snuggled up on the couch and started watching TV. After a while I looked down at her, "Emma?". She looked up and smiled, "Yeah".

I sighed, "I noticed you haven't had a nightmare in a while". She nodded, "They seem to have passed...for now". I looked at her questioningly, "For now?". She nodded, "Sometimes they are gone for a while...if it helps, this is the longest they've been gone". I nodded, "It does help".

She looked back at the TV. I started to think about what Elizabeth said about talking about our future. I took a deep breath, "Emma?". She looked up and smiled.

"Have you ever thought about our future?" I asked. She sat up straighter, "Well...yeah, sometimes...why?". I shrugged, "I was just wondering". She smiled, "Have you?".

I nodded, "Sometimes". She giggled, "Well I wanna know". I sighed, "I said sometimes, I don't have our whole life planned out". She nodded, "That's ok, I just wanna hear what you have thought about". I knew there was no way she was going to back down. To be honest, I started this conversation so it was only fair.

"I thought about us getting married, maybe even children...you know, expanding the family" I said with a nervous smile.

"I'd love that" she said as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "And you said you didn't think you'd have a wife or kids" she added with a giggle. I chuckled, "That was before I met you".

We leaned in and kissed. It grew stronger as time passed. We forgot all about the movie.