Nightmares?

~ Killian ~

Eventually it got really late. The blonde girl was a little drunk and she found almost everything funny.

I noticed Ruby approach the bar, "Woah" she said when she saw her. The blonde looked at her and laughed. Ruby chuckled, "Hey, Em...you having fun?". She nodded. "Wanna go home?" Ruby asked. She shook her head, "No!". Ruby sighed and looked at me, "I got invited to a party by some guys I met, I was supposed to take her home...would you mind taking care of her?".

I nodded, "There's an apartment upstairs, I'll take care of her for the night...come back tomorrow morning to pick her up". Ruby nodded, "I'll come in the afternoon though, at like 1:30pm". I nodded and she smiled, "Thank you". I shrugged, "No problem". She looked over at her and smiled, "Killian is going to take care of you, don't do anything stupid...I don't wanna see you on the news tomorrow". She laughed and Ruby shook her head and left. Then she turned back to me, "I-I'm really t-tired". I laughed, "Yeah, the bar closes in 20 minutes...I'll take you to sleep then, ok?". She nodded, "O-Ok".

After a while Mike got everyone to leave and we cleaned up. She was sitting at a booth resting her head. Mike walked over to me and looked over at the girl, "Wow" he turned to me, "Do I need to kick her out?". I shook my head, "Her friend asked me to take care of her until tomorrow afternoon". He smirked, "She's a hot one". I laughed, "Yeah but I'm not going to do anything". His eyes widened, "The Killian Jones isn't going to even try to kiss a totally hot girl that he has all to himself?".

I laughed, "No, I'm not". He shrugged, "I'll find out tomorrow". I finished sweeping and threw out the remains. He laughed, "If you don't end up having a go with her, can I?". I shook my head, "No!". He chuckled, "I knew you liked her". I didn't even try to deny it, Mike could see past any lie. "You have a crush" he said giggling. I shook my head, "For a bouncer, you ain't tough".
His smile disappeared, "I can knock you out". We laughed and Mike left.

I headed over to the blonde and put my hand out. "Come on, love...lets get you upstairs" I said and she shook her head. "I don't want to sleep" she said. I chuckled a little, "Your tired, I can see it". She sighed and put her hand in mine. I smiled and helped her up. We walked upstairs and I helped her lay down on the couch. She closed her eyes immediately. "Get some sleep" I said as I put a blanket across her. She nodded and fell asleep.

I sighed and walked to my room. I changed into pyjamas and laid in bed. Then slowly I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~
~ Emma ~

I laughed as August spun around the corner. I could barely hear him talking over the sound of his motorcycle. "You should slow down!" I yelled. He laughed, "Why?".

He sped up and I held on tighter. At first I was really scared and anxious, but as I got used to the felling of being on a motorcycle, it was actually a lot of fun.

August slowed down and pulled over. I looked up and realized we were at my foster parents house. I took my helmet off and jumped off the motorcycle. He laughed, "Did you have fun?". I nodded, "Yeah, but one day I know you're gonna get hurt". He shrugged, "At least I'd be having fun". I rolled my eyes at him.

August and I became really good friends. My old foster dad, who August saved me from, was still looking for us. He wanted to get back at August for knocking him out, which caused him to go to the hospital. Luckily, he never said we did it, but that was because he was planning to find us on his own.

August hugged me and put his helmet back on. "I'll see you tomorrow" he said before speeding off.

~ Killian ~

"Ahhhhh!"

I jumped up causing me to fall off my bed. I quickly stood up and opened my bedroom door. What in the hell?

I walked into the living room to see the girl sitting on the couch covering her face with her hands. I could hear her sniffling. I sat beside her, "Are you ok?". She nodded, "Yeah". I sighed, "Do you want to talk about it, Em?". She looked up at me. I saw her eyes were red and puffy from crying. "Why'd you call me that?" She asked. I shrugged, "I never did get your name, but I heard Ruby call you Em". She nodded, "My name is Emma". I smiled, "Do you want to talk about it, Emma?". She shook her head, "I'll be fine".

I sighed, "Was it a nightmare?". She shook her head, "It was a memory". I looked at her in confusion, "What do you mean?". She took a deep breath and began to wipe tears away, "My friend...I uh, I always have memories of him...they're usually good ones". I smiled sympathetically, "Then why are you crying?". She took another deep breath, "Because he's gone".

I didn't know what to say. I wasn't going to force her to explain it because that would only cause her more pain.

I sighed, "Go back to sleep". I looked over at the clock, 4:36am. Holy Shit. I stood up and looked down at her, "It's really early, try to sleep...you still have a long time before Ruby comes". She nodded and laid back down. I stayed there until I was sure she had fallen back asleep.

Then I went back to my bedroom. I picked up some pillows that had fallen on the floor due to my fall. I threw them on my bed and climbed into bed. I sighed and tried to go back to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Emma, she was more broken than I thought.