Reconnecting

~ Emma ~

After we made sure that Liam and Elizabeth were okay and all set, we left. We headed to the lake where we'd be meeting Ruby.

We parked out car and headed to the picnic table where Ruby sat, holding a basket. We approached her and sat down across from her.

"Good to see you" she said to Killian. He nodded, "Like wise".

She dug into her basket and handed us each a burger.

"Thanks" I said as I took it from her. She smiled and we all are our burgers.
After a while she packed up our stuff.

"Want to go for a walk?" She asked.

I nodded and looked to Killian. "I'll be back in a bit, don't go anywhere" I said as I stood up.

He chuckled, "Where would I go?". I rolled my eyes and followed Ruby.

---------------

We started walking along the lake. We were quiet for a moment. Until Ruby spoke up.

"I'm sorry I've been kinda distant" she said then quickly looked back down at the sand.

I shook my head, "It's my fault, I've been distant with a lot of people, not just you".

She shrugged, "Have I missed much?".

I chuckled, "Yup, sort of".

"Tell me, I want to know...last I heard that idiot monkey cheated on you" she said with a comforting smile.

I laughed, "Walsh?". She nodded.

"Monkey?" I asked in confusion. She chuckled, "He looked like one".

I rolled my eyes and continued, "Well, I found my parents...it's a really long and boring story but the point is that I found them".

She smiled, "That's great, Em!".

I shrugged, "But being me, I pushed them away...I'm planning on fixing things up with them later".

She nodded, "That makes sense, and I think time is exactly what you need".

I chuckled, "Yeah, time to fix things".

She smiled, "I'm glad you found them, you may not realize how great that is now but you will later".

I nodded, "Thank you".

She smiled and pulled me into a hug.

--------------

We approached Killian who was standing beside the picnic table. I smiled and he wrapped his arm around my waist. Ruby smiled at us.

"I better get her home...thank you Ruby" Killian said with a slight nod.

She smiled, "My pleasure".

I hugged Ruby again and then headed to the car with Ruby. I sat in the seat and leaned my head against the backrest. I let out a sigh.

"Happy?" He asked.

I nodded, "I have my friend back".

He chuckled and started the car.

--------------

I sat on my bed, crisscrossing my legs. I looked down at the phone in my hands. I took a deep breath.

"You can do this" Killian said with an encouraging smile. I nodded.

"Do you want me to leave?" He asked. I nodded, "If you don't mind". He nodded and left.