New Job

~ Emma ~

I opened my eyes and looked around. I didn't recognize where I was. Then I remembered that I was with Killian. I sat up and smelt a delicious smell. I got up and looked up to see Killian cooking in the kitchen. He smiled, "Morning, love". I chuckled a little, "Morning". I got up and walked over to the kitchen and leaned against the small island. "Why do you keep calling me love?" I asked as I watched him cook. He shrugged, "I call a lot of people love,it's just something I do".

I nodded and yawned. He finished making breakfast and put placed the plates on the small table nearby. I walked over and sat down. He put two cups of hot coco on the table and some sugar. "Um, do you have any cinnamon?" I asked and he froze. He chuckled, "Sure". He walked over to the cupboard and brought back some cinnamon. I smiled and put cinnamon in my hot coco as he watched me.

"What are you doing?" He asked. "It's just something I do" I said mocking him. He laughed and we
continued eating.

~~~~~~~~~

After we ate we went down to the bar. Killian was setting up the bar and I sat on a bad stool.

Killian stopped and looked up at me, "You should come behind the bar now". I sat up straighter, "Why?". He sighed, "The bar is open now, people will be coming and they get rowdy sometimes". I laughed, "In the afternoon?". He nodded, "That's why I suggest you stay behind the counter". I giggled, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you care about me".

His cheeks were a bit red, "Don't flatter yourself, just come on". I rolled eyes and joined him behind the bar. I saw a bunch of people coming in. Then I spotted Ruby, she ran over and hugged me. "Hey, Em! Sorry I left you with the bartender you just met!" She said as she pulled away. I laughed, "It's fine, but you can make it up to me by letting me stay at your place if I lose my house". She laughed and nodded, "Of course!".

Ruby turned to Killian, "Thanks for taking care of her". He smiled and nodded, "Not a problem!". I turned to Killian, "Thanks for well, sort of understanding". He smirked, "I'll see you tonight at 5:00pm". Ruby looked at me, "Why?". I shrugged, "Looks like Killian's brother is looking for waiters". She sighed, "Ok". I said bye to Killian and left with Ruby.

Ruby drove and I sat in the passenger seat. "So," I looked at Ruby but she kept her eyes on the road "What's going on with you and the bartender?". "You mean Killian?" I asked. She nodded, "Yeah, are you guys a thing?". I shook my head, "No! We are just friends! Don't start teasing me". She laughed, "But do you like him?". I shrugged, "I don't know...it's complicated, I just met him...besides I think already scared him off". She nodded, "What happened while I was gone anyway?".

I sighed, "I had another memory dream, I screamed and scared him in the middle of the night". She groaned, "Emma!...you need to get over it! It's been 3 years since he well, you know...just try to move on or else these nightmares will forever haunt you". I shrugged, "How can I? It's pretty much my fault". She shook her head, "No, it's not...you know who's fault it is". I nodded, "Your lucky I didn't go with revenge". She nodded and laughed, "True".

We pulled up to my house and went inside. Ruby made popcorn and we watched Netflix.

~ Killian ~

I watched them leave and looked down and started making another drink. I laughed and placed the drink on the tray. Walsh came and took it away.

"Killian! Killian! She said yes!"

I turned to see Liam running over to me with the biggest smile on his face. "She said yes! I have a fiancé! I'm getting married!" He said practically jumping up and down. I smiled at his happiness, "That's great! And now I have a sister-in-law!". He nodded, "You and I have to celebrate with Elizabeth! How about tonight at 7:30?". I nodded, "Yeah, um...one thing". He stopped and stared at me suspiciously, "What?". I shrugged, "I kind of already told Emma that you'd meet her at 5:00 to interview her about possibly working here". "You did what?!" He yelled.