Broken Heart

~ Emma ~

I drove straight to Ruby's house. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell a bunch of times. Graham opened the door shocked to see me crying. "Emma? What's wrong?" He asked concerned. "Can I come in?" I asked. He nodded and moved aside, letting me in.

I walked into the living room and saw Ruby sitting on the couch. She saw me and jumped up, "Emma! What's wrong?!". I walked up to her and we hugged. "Walsh cheated!....I was at the bar after a big fight we had and I found him in the washroom making out with some chick!" I yelled as more tears formed. She rubbed my back, "Em, I'm so sorry". I sniffled, "I thought he wasn't going to betray me, I thought I could trust him". She chuckled, "That's the thing about trust, not everyone can have it". I chuckled as well and pulled away. "I don't know where else to go, I don't want to be alone...can I sleepover here?" I asked. She nodded, "We can sleep on the couches". We sat down together and watched some TV until I fell asleep.

~ Killian ~

After Emma left I snuck into my brothers office. I started looking through files. Q,R,S,T,U,V,W. W! I picked up Walsh's file and looked at the information. Name, Age, Phone number, Address. Address! I typed it into my phone and put the file back. I left the office making sure there was no evidence that someone had been in there. Then I told Mike I'd be back later.

I got in my car and drove to Walsh's address. I walked up to the door and knocked. I heard footsteps and soon the door opened to reveal Walsh. He sighed, "Look-". "Why?!" I yelled, interrupting him. "How could you hurt Emma like that?!" I asked. He sighed, "Look, she's not your problem". I nodded, "You're right, she's not my problem...because she's not a problem!". He chuckled, "Dude, just go". I shook my head, "I wanna know why you did it". He smiled, "We were in a fight and the girl was pretty...now go". I knew I wasn't going to get anything better than that out of him. I punched him in the face causing him to fall on the floor. He got up and chuckled, "Your lucky that I don't care what you guys do, or else I'd call the cops on you!". I shook my head and left. I drove back to the bar.

Mike saw me walk in angry. "Where the hell have you been?" He asked. I shrugged, "I had to deal with something". He chuckled, "What did you do?". I sighed, "Nothing...just get back to work". He nodded and walked away. I don't know what came over me when I punched him, I was just so angry. He was right, I was lucky he didn't care. I heard a door open and saw Liam walk in. He walked up to me and stood in front me crossing his arms. "What did you do?" He asked in a serious tone. I sighed, "Walsh made out with another girl and Emma saw". He shook his head, "What did you do?". I shrugged, "I went to his house and punched the shit out of him". He laughed, "As your brother, nice move!" He stopped laughing "But as your boss, you broke some rules and made a fool of yourself!". I nodded, "I just couldn't let him walk away untouched". He sighed, "Just don't do it again". I nodded, "Ok". He smiled and walked away.

~ Emma ~

I stepped on the crack on the side walk and August chuckled. "Why are you doing that? You're acting like a little kid" he said laughing some more. I shrugged. He laughed, "Haven't you heard of 'step on a crack, break your mothers back?'".

I shrugged, "Yeah, too bad I don't have a mom". He stopped laughing, "Sorry Emma". I shrugged, "It's ok, it's not your fault". We walked the rest of the way to the park in silence. Once we got there we sat in the grass. "It's nice out today" I said trying to make some conversation. He nodded, "Maybe the ice cream truck will come". I shook my head, "The ice cream man rarely comes here...I doubt it".

After a while it was time for me to go home. I got up and looked down at him, "I gotta go...my foster dad hates it when I'm late". He nodded, "I'm going to stay a while longer...be careful". I laughed, "I'm always careful". He chuckled, "I'll see you tomorrow". I nodded and walked home.

I woke up screaming. Ruby ran over, "Em, you okay?". I nodded, "Just a memory". She sighed, "About August?". I nodded. "Wanna talk about it?" She asked as she sat down on the couch. I sighed, "It was a memory from the day before...I found out".

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry, Em...but I think you'll stop having these nightmares soon". I shrugged and sat up. She looked back at me, "I know you're going to hate this but you gotta go to work". I nodded and hugged her. "I'll see you later" I said as I pulled away and left.

I went home and freshened up. Then I headed to the bar. When I got there it was just Killian and Mike. I walked over to the bar and sat on a bar stool. Killian gave me a sympathetic smile, "Hey". I smiled, "Hey". "You okay?" He asked. I nodded, "Getting there".

"You can take the day off if you want" he said as he placed a drink on a tray. I shook my head, "I'm not going to let Walsh ruin my routine...besides, I'm used to a broken heart". He sighed, "Ok, but I hope you don't have plans today". "No, I don't" I said as I picked up the tray. "Good...you and I are going on a picnic, since it's a beautiful day outside". I smiled, "Ok". He smiled back and I served the drinks.