Punch To The Gut

~ Killian ~

I walked into Emma's apartment to find her sitting by the toilet. She had her face in her hands. I knocked on the bathroom door and she sat straight up. She immediately flushed the toilet and looked up at me, "You don't need to see this". I chuckled and sat beside her, "I don't care about that...are you okay?".

She shrugged, "I feel sick...I threw up 5 times so far". I sighed, "You wanna go to the doctor?". She shook her head, "I think I'll be fine". I sighed, "Is there anything I can do to help?". She shrugged, "Don't leave?". I nodded and stood up, "I'm going to call Liam and tell him...then I'll go pick up some medicine". She nodded and I left.

~ Emma ~

I sat there and started thinking. Then I felt a strange feeling in my stomach, but it was a feeling I knew all too well. I reached over and threw up in the toilet.

This was going to be one long day. I just have to tough it out.

~ Killian ~

Liam: Killian, if this is an excuse to...have "fun", it's not gonna work

Killian: I'm being serious, Liam! Emma's sick!

Liam: Ok, I'm just kidding...you guys can have the day off, but I need you back at work soon...you guys are all I have

Killian: I know, I'm sorry...do you have some substitutes for us?

Liam: I have two...just let me know when she's better

Killian: I will, goodbye

Liam: Bye!

I hung up my phone and stuffed it into my leather jacket pocket. I scanned the shelf of medicine. I spotted the one for Emma and plucked it off the shelf. I walked over the cashier and got in line.

"Killian!"

I turned around to see James. I smiled, "Hey James! What's up?". He shrugged, "Nothing much, just picking some stuff up...I was actually gonna call your brother later today, I wanted to invite you guys - and your women - over for dinner!". I nodded, "Tonight?". He nodded, "Yup!". I shrugged, "Why not? We'll be there!".

He looked down at my hands then back up at me, "Your sick?". I shook my head, "No, Emma is".

He nodded, "That sucks...just wait until you have to take care of her when she's on her period...then it's chocolate and Netlfix all week long my friend!". I chuckled, "I think that's just a stereotype, but I appreciate it, James". He patted my back, "No problem...I gotta go but I'll see you tonight!". Then he turned and walked away.

I paid for the medicine and headed back to Emma's. I walked into her apartment and put everything down on the table on the kitchen. I walked into the bathroom to find her still sitting on the floor.

"Still sick, love?" I asked and she looked up. She nodded. I sighed and picked her up bridal style. I carried her into the living room and set her down. I walking to the kitchen and prepared her medicine. I brought it over to her and gave it to her. "Thank you" she said once she finished her medicine.

"For what?" I asked chuckling. "For taking care of me...usually I take care of myself" she said looking down. I lifted my hand and lifted her chin up, "Emma, I love you...I'd be more than happy to take care of you". She smiled and I noticed her eyes grow sleepy.

I moved some pillows around and helped her get comfy. "Get some sleep, love"I said as I lifted a blanket over her. She nodded and her eyes fell shut. I stayed and watched her for a while before sitting on the other side of the couch and slowly drifting to sleep myself.

------------

I felt someone moving and I opened my eyes. I looked over to see Emma sitting up. I stood up and walked over to her. I bent down onto my knees, "Hey, how are you feeling?". She sighed, "Much better". Killian smiled, "It's just a stomach flu, you'll be fine".

She nodded and began to sit up. "How long were we asleep?" She asked. I looked at the clock, "Too long, we have to get ready". I texted Liam and told him about meeting at James' house.

"Get ready for what?" Emma asked. I sighed, "We got invited to dinner tonight". She nodded, "I'll go get ready". She turned and went upstairs.

-------------

We drove to the bar to pick up Liam and Elizabeth. Then we drove to James' house. We knocked on the door and waited. James opened the door smiling, "Hey! We got a full house tonight!". We smiled and he let us in.

We walked into the kitchen to see two other people standing near the table. The man had blondish hair and the girl had short black hair. They smiled at us. Soon, their smiles turned into shocked faces. I followed their gave to Emma. Why were they so shocked to see her?

James walked in and smiled, "Guys, this is Mary Margret and David!". We smiled and waved. He turned to them, "This is Killian and Liam...and this is Emma". They stared at Emma in awe.

"Why are they looking at me like that?" Emma asked. "We just heard so much about you, it's weird to see you in person" David replied.

"Well, let's get to eating!" James shouted and started putting plates down at the table. We all sat down and started eating.

"So, Emma, tell us about yourself"
Mary Margret said smiling. Emma looked up, "Um, there's not much to tell". James laughed, "Oh come on! What about your parents?". Emma froze. I looked up at them, "Emma's an orphan".

"You never found foster parents?" Mary Margret asked. Emma shook her head, "No one wanted me". We all sat in an awkward silence. Suddenly Emma pushed back and stood up, "Where's the bathroom?". "Down the hall, to your right" James replied in an awkward tone. She nodded and walked away.

"She's sensitive on that subject" I looked up at where Emma had left "I'll be right back". I got up and walked down the hallway. I knocked on the door and soon I heard it click. I opened it and stepped in.

"Are you okay?" I asked. There were some tears falling down her cheeks. She shook her head, "I'm sorry, I just don't like explaining that to strangers...I don't need their pity". I nodded, "I know, let's just go back out, ok?". She nodded and we headed back to the kitchen.

Everyone looked up at us. "We are so sorry Emma" David said sympathticly. Emma shrugged, "It's ok, I'm fine". We sat down. Mary Margret and David looked nervous.

"You guys okay?" Emma asked. They looked at each other then at Emma. "We have something to tell you" David said nervously.

"We're your parents, Emma"

A/N: Haha! You thought she was pregnant, didn't you?
Well she's not, just to clear that up. It was just a stomach flu.
Please don't hate me :)