Unknown Reason

~ Emma ~

I snuggled closer to Killian as we laid on the couch watching TV. He looked down at me and smiled.

"What?" I asked with a slight chuckle.

He shrugged, "You're beautiful". I blushed.

We both turned back to the TV. We were watching a show. I enjoyed days where I could just lay with Killian and cuddle with him. It was some of the best parts of everyday.

"Emma?" He asked as he looked down at me again.

I looked at him and smiled, "Yes?".

"My brother wants to start a new tradition...since our family is expanding, he wants to start making our own family traditions...since we are together, that includes you" he said with a laugh.

I nodded, "What's the tradition?".

He shrugged, "Nothing special, he just wants to have a family barbecue every once in a while".

I nodded, "It sounds like an amazing idea!".

He leaned down and kissed me. We kept kissing until the phone rang. Killian pulled away and sighed. He rolled his eyes and went to answer the phone. I only heard part of the conversation.

~ Killian ~

I walked over to the phone and answered it.

Killian: Hello?

Neal: Hello? Who is this?

Killian: Killian, who are you?

Neal: My name is Neal, is Emma Swan there?

Killian: Uh, yeah...one second

I looked over at Emma. She gave me a confused look but quickly walked over to me. I handed her the phone. She slowly held it up to her ear as she looked at me completely confused.

Emma: Hello?

~ Emma ~

Neal: Emma! I need to talk with you tomorrow

Emma: Why?

Neal: Many of my employees left...I was thinking that maybe we could get some coffee and talk about the possibility of having you work for me again?

Emma: I'm sorry but I have a new job, one that I love...I'm going to have to say no

Neal: Are you sure? I'll raise your pay!

Emma: I'm one hundred percent certain! But I hope everything works out for you

Neal: Well, I'd still like to see you again...could we still have coffee sometime?

Emma: I don't know...

Neal: Please? It'll just be two friends catching up!

Emma: You were many things as my boss, but friendly wasn't one of them

Neal: Just trust me...it'll be fun

I sighed. He was never going to give up. Killian kept giving me "what is it?!" Looks.

Emma: Fine...what time and where?

Neal: At Granny's at eight

Emma: I'll see you tomorrow

Neal: Good night Ms. Swan

I quickly hung up the phone and took a deep breath. I walked back over to the couch.