Haunted Memories

~ Emma ~

My eyes fluttered open. I looked around to see that I was in my room. I looked beside me to see Killian staring at me. I blushed, "Good morning". He smiled, "Good morning, beautiful". I blushed and tucked my arm under my head. He moved closer and wrapped one arm around my waist.

I smiled at him for a while. Did he regret it? I sighed and looked into his eyes. "What?" He asked after he noticed me sigh. "Do you regret last night?" I asked. His eyes widened. "No!" He replied. He pulled me closer, "Emma, last night was the best night in my entire life".

I could tell by the way he said it and by the look in his eyes, that he was telling the truth. I smiled, "I love you". He smiled and pulled me even closer, to the point where our bodies were right up against each other. "I love you too" he said smiling as he rested his chin on my forehead. He smiled and leaned down and kissed me. We continued kissing.

Suddenly he pulled away and moved the covers. He sat up and got out of bed. "Where are you going?" I asked as I watched him put his clothes back on. "Don't you want to stay?" I asked in a seductive way. He turned to me and smirked, "Don't make this harder to do, love...I'm going to make us breakfast because we have work in 35 minutes". I jumped up, "Oh crap!". He started to laugh. I looked down and quickly covered myself with the sheets.

I looked back up to Killian, "Wipe that smirk off your face!". He chuckled and finished getting dressed. He walked out of the room and closed the door. I sighed and got out of bed. I changed into shorts and a tank top.

I opened the bedroom door and walked over to Killian who was cooking. I leaned against the counter and smiled as I watched him. He looked up at me and chuckled, "Hi". I smiled, "Hi". "You seem very happy today" he said chuckling. "Because I am!" I said giggling. He smirked and looked back down at the food. "What's for breakfast?" I asked. He grinned, "Pancakes, scrambled eggs and hot coco...with cinnamon". I chuckled and watched as he finished making the food.

We sat at the table and started eating. "How long do we have until we have to go to work?" I asked as I ate. He looked at the clock, "15 minutes". He looked back at his food and started to eat faster. "Your brother wouldn't mind if we were late, would he?" I asked. He shook his head, "But he would question it...and I don't want to be the one to explain that we had sex". I laughed, "Agreed".

----------------

We finished eating and headed to the bar. Unfortunately, we were 18 minutes late. Liam saw us run in and his eyes grew wide, "There you guys are!". Killian took a deep breath, "Sorry". "Sorry? Sorry?!...I've been waiting for you guys! Where were you? What were you doing?" Liam asked. Killian sighed, "I'll explain later, we have to get to work". Liam nodded and turned to his office. We quickly got to work.

--------------

It was night time and Liam let us take a break from work. We were all sitting in the office. Killian and Liam were playing video games on the TV in the office. I was sitting beside Killian resting my head on his shoulder.

"You guys had sex, didn't you?"

We both turned to him. Killian crashed his car in his video game. Liam paused the game and turned to us. He chuckled, "It was kinda obvious...you guys went on a date and arrived late the next day...I put two and two together". Killian chuckled, "I didn't want to say it because I thought-". "It would make things awkward?" Liam finished. Killian nodded.

Liam shrugged, "Just don't talk about it around me...cause then it would be awkward". Killian laughed, "Wouldn't dream of it". Liam looked back over to the TV and pressed resume. I watched as they began racing again. I rested back onto Killian's chest.

-------------

It got late which meant we had to get back to work. A lot of people came in which made the place look super crowded. I had been spending so much time with Killian that I forgot how busy work can get. With Killian, I could forget about things for a while. But now, it felt like a Monday after a long weekend.

Killian placed the drink on the tray and I began serving. I ran around non stop serving drinks to each table. I felt slightly proud of myself for doing such a fast job.

"Still a waitress here, huh?"

I turned around to see the last person I ever expected to see. "Walsh" was all I could get out. He nodded and stepped closer, "Wasn't expecting me? I don't blame you, I would be shocked too". Seeing him again caused me to be both sad and angry. At this second, I was angry. "You mean shocked like the time when I walked in on you making out with that chick?" I asked crossing my arms.

He grinned and shook his head as he looked down at the floor. He looked up still grinning, "Your still on that?". I chuckled, "Even if you didn't, I cared about you...so of course it hurt me and of course I'm still 'on' it". His smile faded, "Emma, I really am sorry that it happened". I shrugged, "I no longer care about how you feel...no amount of apologies could make up for what you did...I've accepted it, I suggest you do the same and leave me alone".

"So now you're confident?" He asked laughing. I nodded, "Because now I have someone I know cares about me". "Who? Him?" Walsh asking nodding towards me.

I turned around to see Killian standing behind me. I sighed and turned back to Walsh. "Yeah" I heard Killian as he walked forward and stood beside me. Walsh shook his head and laughed, "This is just priceless! After all those times you told me you didn't like him, now here you are and you're dating him!". I nodded, "Look, I assume you didn't come here to criticize me".

He shrugged, "I came here to say I'm sorry...I ended up hooking up with an old friend recently and she got pregnant...I came to apologize because she said she didn't want me to live with that guilt". I chuckled, "The guilt that's not even there?". He rolled his eyes, "I hope you enjoy the next few years of your life knowing that he could leave at any moment".

That set me off. I stepped forward and was about to hit him but I felt someone grab my wrist. I turned to Killian and he shook his head, "Don't do it, love". I sighed and he released me. I turned back to Walsh, "Don't ever come near me again...just go home and try to be a better person to that poor girl and that poor child!". He rolled his eyes once more and left.

I turned to Killian. "Are you okay?" He asks as he examined my eyes. I nodded, "I just got a little angry, that's all...it was just weird seeing him again". Killian nodded, "I know...but punching him wouldn't have helped, you would only regret it later". I nodded, "I know, thank you". He shrugged, "Let's get back to work". I nodded and we continued serving drinks.

------------

~ Killian ~

The next morning I woke up to my phone ringing. I sat up and looked to see texts from Emma.

Emma: I'm not feeling well. I threw up.

Emma: I think I need to see a doctor or something.

Emma: I'm really scared. I threw up a lot.

Emma: Are you awake?

I sighed and texted her back.

Killian: I'll be there soon. Just hang tight xo

I got up and started getting dressed. I quickly headed to Emma's house. Looks like Emma caught the flu or something.

A/N: OMG! This story has 1K views!!!! Wow!!!! I'm amazed!!! Thanks so much for reading! :)
😘😘😘