Game Proposal

~ Emma ~

We were back at the beach. We had been here for a long time, about 5 hours so far. People had left, there was only a few people left. It was getting late and the sun had already started to set.

"Wanna play the see-a-shell game?" Killian asked with a smirk.

I nodded and stood up. We both spread out and began to search for the best seashell.

I started to look around. I spotted a seashell and picked it up. It was beautiful, but not what I was looking for. I needed the seashell to be better than his in order to win the game.

I spotted another one and picked it up. It was beautiful. This had to win. I stood back up and turned to Killian. I ran over to him.

"I found the winner!" I called out.

Once I reached him, he looked at the shell in my hands. "Beautiful, right?" I asked.

He nodded, "But I believe that I have won".

I looked at him in confusion, "How can you be so sure?".

He pulled out a clamshell. I looked at it in awe. I brushed my fingers above the top.

"It's beautiful!" I said smiling. "Definitely a winner" I said as I looked up at his blue eyes.

He chuckled, "It's not the look of the shell that makes it a winner".

I was confused again, "Then what does?".

He opened and inside was a ring. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands. This can't be happening.

He got down on one knee and looked up at me. I chuckled as tears fell down. On the ring was half a heart.

"Emma, These past two years have been the best years of my life. You gave me more happiness than I could ever ask for. Life offers many challenges, but I know I can meet them if you're willing to face them with me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I'm hoping you'll spend the rest of yours with me. Will you marry me?"

I nodded has more tears continued to fall. He stood up and smiled at me. "Yes! Of course I will!" I said as I moved my hands and wrapped them around him. He slipped the ring on my finger and smiled.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up. I chuckled and kissed him.

--------------------

I sat down on the couch in Killian's lap. I played with the silver ring around my finger.

"Why is there only half a heart?" I asked.

He smiled and pulled out another ring. It too, had half a heart on it. He put it beside mine and it made one heart.

"We are one" he said as we both stared at the rings.

I smiled, "I love you". "I love you too" he said and then leaned in. We shared a passionate kiss. We pulled away and leaned our foreheads together.

"How did you plan all this?" I asked, referring to the proposal.

He chuckled, "I was going to proposal over dinner but then everything happened with Neal, so I decided not to...but then we had a free day and I got the idea for the seashell game".

I smiled, "It was an amazing idea, I loved it".

He smiled, "I'm very glad".

A/N: Sorry it's a short chapter! This was originally supposed to be part of the last chapter but I decided to make it its own separate chapter because it is a special occasion.

Did you like the proposal? What did you think?