Shocked Expressions

~ Killian ~

We woke up early and headed to work. Today was the last day Emma would be allowed to work until she went off on maternity leave. Even though it was a bit early for that, I didn't want her working at the bar while she's pregnant. There are many dangers.

"Killian?"

I looked up at Emma and smiled, "Yeah?".

"Stop worrying, I'll be fine" she said as she rolled her eyes and grabbed a tray. I chuckled and started to make drinks.

Suddenly we heard the door open and Milah walked in. She grabbed a tray and waited beside Emma. She didn't even look at Emma; she only stared at me.

"Hi Killian" she said with a smile.

I looked at Emma who was clearly irritated. I chuckled and looked back at Milah, "Hi".

She looked at Emma's hand and noticed the wedding ring. She looked up at me and gave me a fake smile. "I'm having a party tonight at my house, wanna come?" She asked.

I shook my head, "I've got other plans".

She was clearly uncomfortable talking with Emma beside her. "We'll talk later" she said as she went to take orders.

Emma looked at me and sighed, "Maybe not coming to work is a good idea...that girl is stressing me out".

I nodded, "And as we both know, stress isn't good for the baby".

She nodded as I put a drink on the tray. "The baby is the only thing keeping me from attacking her right now" she said before grabbing the tray and leaving. I chuckled and went back to work.

------------------

I was cleaning up the bar. Someone got really drunk and spilled a bunch of drinks all over the counter.

"Quite the mess"

I looked up to see a woman with black hair that stopped just past her shoulders. She was wearing a long brown rain coat and she had a black purse in her hand.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

She sat down on the bar stool and dropped her bag on the counter. "I'm Tamara".

My jaw dropped. "As in Neal's fiancé?" I asked. She chuckled, "As in his wife".

I nodded, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be taking care of his crappy shop?".

She laughed, "Don't diss the shop, it's the least of your worries".

I let go of the rag and faced her. "What do you want?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"Someone sent me here to see you and tell them how you are doing...since Neal told me you were Emma's boyfriend I'm no longer interested in this persons privacy" she said with a fake smile.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I'm Emma's husband now...but I would like to know who this person is" I replied.

She chuckled, "I don't give away a lot of information".

"Who could be looking for me? I don't know anyone around besides my family" I said frustrated.

"Exactly" she said as she stood up and left the bar.

I decided to ignore her games but that doesn't mean I wasn't going to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

-------------------

I spent the entire day trying to focus on something else but I couldn't. Tamara's words were stuck in my head. They kept running and questions kept appearing and answers stayed hidden.

"Killian!"

I blinked and focused my attention on Emma who was waving at me. She leaned against the bar and smiled.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Well, you seem distracted" she said as her smile faded.

"I'm just thinking about what you could do while I'm at work" I lied.

She chuckled, "Eat and sleep?".

I laughed, "Perhaps...wanna help me close up?". She nodded and followed me to Mike. Mike agreed to get people out while we cleaned.

We started behind the bar. We both grabbed rags and started to wipe down everything.

"Emma, you're here later than usual" Milah said as she walked up to the bar and watched us clean.

"Today's my last day, the least I could do is help clean up" she said as she kept cleaning.

"It's your last day?!" Milah asked as her face lit up with happiness.

Emma stood up and looked at her, "Yeah".

Milah quickly faked a frown, "That sucks".

I couldn't help but bud in. I got up and stood beside Emma. "She's going on maternity leave early" I said with a huge smile.

Milah's face dropped. "What?" She asked.

Emma smiled, "I'm pregnant".

Milah was stunned. She stood there staring at us. It took all I had to laugh uncontrollably.

She faked a smile, "Congrats". Then she left the bar. Emma turned to me and laughed.

"You really couldn't help yourself, could you?" She asked.

I shook my head, "The look on her face was worth it!". She nodded and laughed.

"Let's get back to cleaning, or Liam will have my arse" I said as I went back to wiping everything. Emma joined me.

A/N: Hey! Unfortunately, there is only 2 more chapters after this one and the book is done :( I've really enjoyed writing this.
I'll post the next chapter when this gets at least 100 views :)