03. Makeovers!

Gideon Pines

     "Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to talk to your cousin here," said Mabel, a small smile tugging at her lips. Her long, brown hair cascaded in waves behind her, softly floating in the air as the breezy wind fluttered by.

     Where is she going to take me? I thought worriedly, despite the blush creeping up onto my pale, freckled cheeks. We both walked together towards the forest, side by side. The trees were tall, dark and haunting. Scary almost.

     "I don't know how a lemon so sour could be related to a peach so sweet," she said, grinning down at me. Sure we had a height difference, but that doesn't matter.

     "Oh Mabel!" I said, blushing furiously.

     "What d'you say, we step away from here and chat a bit more," said Mabel. We stopped and I looked at her, and she leaned a little closer. 

     "Perhaps, in my dressing room?" she said, her cool breath fanning my face. Her once icy blue eyes from the Tent of Telepathy were now a soft chocolate brown. 

     Why were they brown? I thought. Maybe she wears contact lenses, duh! 

     "Oh! Makeovers!" I said excitedly, accidentally poking her arm. 

     ~

     The doors opened with a soft creak, and I was blinded by an achingly bright light. 

     I blinked and gasped at the room. It was gorgeous! 

     Perfect for makeovers! 

     The clothes were on both sides of the room, aligned in a line. All kinds of clothes hung on the hangers, from dresses to onezies. 

     The bright lights were because of those huge lights that look like they're only for film stars were now sitting in that massive room. There was a giant, gold plated mirror at the end of the room, with small bulbs decorating it. 

     I loved it.

     "D'you see something you like?" asked Mabel in a smug tone. "'Cause I do," she said, winking at me.

     "O-oh, what?" I said, feeling a giddy smile erupt on my face.

     ~

     "Before you leave, could you ask Dipper to come home before sunset?" asked Mabel, as soon as we reached the Mystery Shack.

     "Okay," I said, giving her my best smile.

     "Bye Gideon, I hope we see each other again," she said, winking at me. 

     I blinked, I felt my face heat up with the amount of winks and compliments she gave me. The second I opened my eyes, she was gone. 

     Huh? Hmm... Well she is a Psychic Princess, I thought in confusion. 

     I shrugged my shoulders and walked towards the door to the Mystery Shack. Once I entered, I immediately went to the basement where I found Pacifica reading a book with a golden hand on it, with a thick black number 3.

     "Hey Pacifica," I said cheerily, raking my pudgy fingers through my abnormally white hair. "What's going on?" I said, putting my hands above her face, twiddling my fingers that were covered in skull rings.

     "Whoa, where've you been?" she asked worriedly, slapping my hand out of her face as she got up to face me. "And what's going on with your fingers? You look like... a wolverine," she said, disgust evident on her face as she scrunched up her nose.