24. Dressing Up for Him

Pacifica Pines

     Multiple knocks on the door were heard, each louder than the last. They echoed around the empty house and I immediately jumped out of the bed and ran downstairs just to open the door to a smirking Acid.

    "Hello, princess," he said, leaning against the door and crossing his arms. He was wearing a dark brown leather jacket, with a white shirt underneath, and black skinny jeans, and a black beanie on his hair.

    "What's up with the nicknames?" I said, sighing as I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

    "You see, if you would like my help, which you do," he said, walking inside the house without my permission, "You'll need to make this date... perfect! And in order to do that, you must have a little spice, for a lack of a better word," he said, tapping his chin, looking thoughtful as he entered the kitchen.

    "What?" I asked, following him and watching him open the fridge and get milk, and from the cupboards; cereal and a bowl.

    "You see, Dipper thinks he has you, which he probably does but we don't want him to think that, now do we?" said Acid through a mouthful of Cheerios. I was about to pull a frown, but hey I did that too this morning. Talk with my mouth full, I mean.

     "And?"

    "Well, all I need you to do is either snog me in front of him, or flirt," said Acid in a nonchalant tone, as he shrugged and kept eating spoonfuls. I swear my jaw dropped to the floor in shock. I didn't know which one was more powerful; anger, shock or embarassement.

    "W-what?" I spluttered.

     "Come on, it's not like you and Gleeful haven't snogged before," Acid flashed me a smirk.

     "No, no, no! The last thing I need is to mess up... whatever me and Dipper have!"

     "Dipper and I," chided Acid, wagging his finger at me as he finished off the cereal.

     "Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes, despite the burning sensation in my cheeks. I averted my eyes to look at anything but Acid. I don't know if I haven't mentioned this before, but Acid was hot. Not Dipper hot, obviously, but... hot.

    He had hair like Robbie's except, it was in a quiff and pitch black. His eyes were a dark grey, and were stormy. Acid had high cheekbones which weren't so pronounced, but they were slightly noticeable. He was also from Japan, which increased his hotness. But that didn't matter right now.

    "I'm not going to do this, alright?" I said, blowing air out of my mouth as I raised a hand to my forehead. 

     "And I smoke marijuana," said Acid, rolling his eyes as he crossed his arms on the table.

     "What?"

    "Drugs, weed, smoking, cigarettes, y'know, the good stuff," said Acid, shrugging his shoulders.

    "What!?"

    "Just joking," snickered Acid.

     "Stop, be useful or something."

    "Fine," groaned Acid, getting up and putting the dishes into the sink and passing me and reaching the end of the stairs. He cupped both of his hands and yelled, "Yo, Gids! Wanna come with me to watch Civil War?"

    "Ha, as if you'll get an answer," I scoffed, watching him with an eyebrow raised. Nobody would get an answer out of moody Gideon.

    "Coming!" yelled Gideon gleefully. I heard footsteps and Gideon came tumbling downstairs with a bright yellow jacket with a purple shirt and black pants. Horrible choice, really.

    "What? H-how!?"

    "Bye, Paz, and good luck on your date," said Acid, flashing me a smile and winked at me as he and Gideon left the house with a soft 'thud' from the door.

     Why does everyone keep saying good luck on my date!? Like, is something supposed to go wrong!?

    ~

    It was 4:59. Any minute now, and I'll hear a huge knocking on the door and a series of screams and swears. But that didn't happen as the clock passed a minute and it struck 5. I wrung my hands together, feeling the sweat that glistened in my palms.

     I had showered and got out, and dressed into a pair of shorts and a white shirt. All I needed was Wendy's help to get my clothes out. Yeah, I was that bad at picking clothes. Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have judged Gideon on his clothes, I thought as I sat on the kitchen stool.

    That was until the opening of a door and angry footsteps which were louder and came into the kitchen. There stood the she-devil in all her glory.

    "Come on, rat, we've got to get you prettied up," she snapped, carrying a small bag and walking up to my room.

    ~

    "Pick a color," she said, holding out three different colored blouses. One was purple, the other blue and the last white. I was about to say something but she cut me off, "Blue. It'll compliment your eyes."

    "Okay?"

    I was sitting on my bed while Wendy decided everything.

    "Converse or Toms," she asked again, and again she cut me off, "Converse it is," she said, nodding to herself. Wendy tossed me faded blue Converse and I caught them, holding them to my chest.

    "Hmm, light or heavy?" she asked again. I didn't dare answer, already expecting her to answer herself, "Light or heavy?" Wendy asked, yet again. I opened my mouth hesitantly, but again I got cut off, "Light, because heavy means you're trying too hard," she muttered to herself.

    "Alright, get into these," she said, throwing the blue blouse at me and leather tights. I quickly ran to the bathroom and threw them on and went back inside my room. I didn't want to make Wendy angry right now.

    "Perfect," she said, and I swear I could have seen her smile but it immediately turned into a frown, "Now sit here, you little brat," she snapped, pointing at the bed. I hobbled over there and let her do my hair.

    I could sense her pulling at my hair into a ponytail, but then it got loose. Ten minutes later of hair tugging and spraying, she muttered another 'perfect' and then told me to go see it if it was fine. 

   My hair was done in a perfect messy bun, with strands falling out but looking perfect. The bun sat majestically on my head, and my eyes shone with how pretty I looked. I actually felt confident.

    "Now, come back here, barbie."

     She grabbed a black pen, and told me to close my eyes. I obeyed only to be poked in the eye. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but I hate eyeliner. A lot.

    I opened my eyes once she was done and checked myself out again.

    Messy bun? Check. Cat eyeliner? Check. Bright, baby blue eyes? Check. Giddy smile? Check. Casual dressing? Check. Heart trying to burst out of my ribcage? Check.

    Oh, I am so ready for this.

    "Thanks Wendy," I said, turning around only to see her close the door to my room, with everything in her hand. She'd already packed and left. I shrugged and typed a text to Robbie to tell Wendy I had said thank you.

Published: May 06, 2016 | Reads: 7.1k | Goal: 7.6k