18. Knicker Tricks

Pacifica Pines

     Dealing with Dipper Gleeful is difficult already, but dealing with a whiny Gideon is a whole other matter. I was walking to the store with Gideon complaining and moaning about how unfair his life his.

     As if, he doesn't have any feelings for a murderer, I snorted.

     "And, I was like, OMG! I can't," he said, fanning his flushed red face with his chubby pale hands. "I couldn't handle it, y'know, it was so intense! I mean, holding hands? What next? Babies!?" gushed Gideon.

     "You got flustered by holding hands?" I asked in an incredulous tone, watching as we got nearer the entrance to the grocery store. "What are you? Five?"

     "You have no idea! Plus, I'm going through puberty," he said in a smug tone. "See! This growing manly mustache! The ladies'll love it!" he said, pointing at his baby chin.

     "You barely have any hair there, Gideon," I sighed, grabbing a basket and grabbing him inside.

     "Yes I do!" he said in an indignant tone, as he rubbed his stubble-free chin.

     "You're only, like what? Fourteen!" I scowled, walking to the milk section. Lately, Robbie's been coming over and eating breakfast at ours, shoveling down cereal in his throat like it's the last time he's going to eat.

     "I'm fifteen!" he wagged a finger at me.

     "Don't look like it," I grumbled underneath my breath.

     Both of us are fifteen, and the gleeful twins are a whole year older than us. Which I found out yesterday, because of Robbie.

     I had asked Robbie how old the twins were but he mistook that question as 'Can I date Dipper?' So he went on a full on lecture on what to do and what not to do in a relationship with Dipper Gleeful. I had to shove my fingers in my ears and scream loudly to make him stop.

      "Hey, Paz! Dad said someone stole the bread, we have to get another one!" yelled Gideon, who was now a whole aisle away from me. I trudged towards him, basket in hand when another hand came and grabbed it out of my hands.

     "Hey, Pines, didn't think I'd see you hear again..." said Dipper as he nudged my shoulder with his. "You know, with that devious kid that gives kit kats," he shuddered in disgust.

     "He was pretty hot," I said, not even thinking about it.

     "I'm hot too!" came the immediate answer. I internally smiled but I kept a poker face on the outside. It was nice seeing Dipper get all flustered rather then me.

     "Not really, no," I said, biting my lip as I grabbed the yellow packaged bread.

      "How am I not hot? Have you seen how handsome I am? Everyone swoons over me," he ranted.

      "Now, if you two could stop flirting, I'd like to talk to Pines," a voice said in front of us. I whipped my head to look at Mabel, who had cleaned up and now looked like the mischievous Mabel that I saw the first time.

     "Mabel," said Dipper in a surprised voice.

      "We were doing everything but flirting," I said, rolling my eyes.

     "Everything?" said Dipper with a lopsided smirk, twiddling his eyebrows at me.

     "Go away, Gleeful, your sister wants to talk to me," I pushed him, and he didn't resist. He just waved at me and walked away. With the basket. Of groceries.