19. Ovary Reacting

Pacifica Pines

     As soon as he said 'other ways', my mind had sunk head first into the gutter. Yup, who knew I could? Maybe hanging around him was messing up my mind, I thought shuddering.

     "Mabel is such a control freak," said Gideon, scrunching up his face as we walked back home. 'Home'. Wow, who knew this summer would mess me up so much I'd call the famous rip-off Mystery Shack home.

     "Why?" I asked, even though half my mind was on one certain person. A certain brown haired devil.

     "She tried to get back with me!" he said, throwing up his arms. I raised an eyebrow, my arms aching from holding both the bags because Gideon was being really handicap and said I should hold them.

     "Isn't that good? Didn't you guys fall in love?" I blurted out, we finally were getting near the Shack. It was just a couple of feet away from us, its large sign glaring at us, with the missing 'S'.

     "Yes, but nothing lasts forever, Paz, and I'm happy because of what it was," mumbled Gideon, taking the bags from me and walking inside, probably hiding his face because I never thought he'd say something like that.

      "That was some deep stuff, wasn't it?" a voice whispered into my ear. I didn't even need to turn to know who it was.

     "Yeah," I said, taking a step and opening the door. I waited for half a second, probably not enough for someone to say something but it was enough for Dipper Gleeful to make some flirtatious joke and he didn't disappoint.

     "You look gorgeous today," he said, winking at me.

     "What? Did I look ugly yesterday?" I said, rolling my eyes although the blush creeping up on me blew up and ultimately destroyed my chance of being indifferent about his creepy compliments.

     "No, yesterday you looked mind-blowing," he flashed a grin at me.

     "Enough of that, why are you here?" I asked, blowing out air even though my heart was thundering against me and I felt I would choke it out and that the happiness going through would rip me to shreds.

     "Aww, I can't even be here for my girlfriend, now?" he pouted. And he looked absolutely swoon-worthy. But I rolled my eyes, my face heating up like a volcano and I probably resembled a genetically modified tomato.

     "I'm not your girlfriend, Gleeful," I chided, "And stop wasting my time," I narrowed my eyes at him, crossing my arms even though I really loved every minute spending with him.

     "Your thoughts say otherwise, pumpkin," he purred, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I put my arms to my sides and let my mouth hang open in disbelief. "Don't stare at me, I know I'm hot, or as you said, 'swoon-worthy'" he said, quoting with two fingers. 

     "I didn't!" I sputtered.

      "Come on, sweetheart, I can hear every one of your thoughts," he said, a mischievous grin erupting his face.

     "Die."

     "Is that a code word for, 'Kiss me now, Dipper!'" he said, strutting a pose where he let one hand on his forehead and the other on his hip.

     "No."

     "Alright, alright, I just came here to see you got home safely," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets and looking at me with a small smile that was actually genuine.

     "Oh," I said, my heart racing and my head bursting with happiness, "Well, I got home safely, so goodbye." But before I could turn around and run to safety, a hand clasped around my wrist and I saw Dipper looking at me with a mischievous smirk.