16. Flickering Flame

Pacifica Pines

     "I'm very well aware of yo - " I began, only to be cut off, none other than by Dipper Gleeful.

     "No."

     "What?" I raised an eyebrow, crossing my arms together in front of my chest. I couldn't believe my ears, to how rude Dipper was being right now. I had a whole plan planned out in my head, right now.

     "No," he repeated.

     "Don't -" 

     Well, there goes my plan.

     "No. No, no, no, no. I'm done with your crap, alright?" he said, his once clear voice now slurred and his brown eyes hazy. His voice cracked at the end. I raised an eyebrow, trying to look completely calm.

     While on the inside, my heart was threatening to lurch out of my throat. I could hear it thumping dangerously fast in my ears, and my palms felt sticky and sweaty. I don't know why I was nervous and scared, but I did know one thing.

     He's drunk, that's for sure, but on what, I don't know.

     "He's drunk on power," a voice whispered into my ear. I whipped my head to my left and saw Mabel Gleeful in all her glory. Her usually perfect hair was now in a messy bun and her clothes creased, and her mascara running down her cheeks and her cheeks a blotchy red.

     She still looked gorgeous, though. Like a gorgeous mess.

     "Happens when you use too much power," she nodded at Dipper, and gestured towards him, "this is what you end up with."

     "I tried to control him," anger flared up in her brown eyes, "but I seem to have no effect," she scoffed. "I'll leave you to it now," she said, turning towards me and turning into dust. I opened my mouth to say something but she had left.

     I narrowed my eyes at Dipper, wary of what he was going to do next. I could notice that the sun was going down and the shadows of the trees were getting longer, and scarier. It was no longer the afternoon, but it was getting closer to night.

     Still keeping an eye on Dipper, who was tripping over things as he struggled to stand up straight, I rummaged through my pockets for my phone and quickly went through the texts.

(12 unread messages) (58 missed calls)

     Gidsy: Hellooooooo. It's mEEEE. IVE BEEN WONDERING HOW YOU'BE BEEEN.

     Gidsy: COME ON ANSWER ME WOMAN. >:U

     Gidsy: YOU MIGHT BE UP TO SOMETHING WITH YOUR MAN BUT YOU KNOW, I'M IMPORTANT TOO. I NEED ATTENTION TOO, Y'KNOW!?!?!!?

     Gidsy: IWEJFEWIOFJWEFKEWIOF

     Gidsy: Sorry, twas a butt text ;3

     Gidsy: Fine, don't answer me. I'll tell Dad you went to one of your friends and might be back late.

     RobbieTheHottie: HEY PAZZY