22. Butterfly Blues

Pacifica Pines

     As soon as he had messaged me that, embarassement and anger swept over me like a tidal wave. And of course elephants dancing in my stomach and flaming hot cheeks. I grabbed the phone tightly and slowly typed:

     PazPaz: When even is this? You didn't even tell me when and where!?

     DevilishlyHandsomeBrownBeauty: It's a date, sweetheart. It's tomorrow at seven, and where? Babe, haven't you ever heard of a surprise? ;P

     PazPaz: Ugh.

     DevilishlyHandsomeBrownBeauty: Alright, sugar, see you then alright? Might not be able to see you tomorrow, though.

     PazPaz: Okay...

     DevilishlyHandsomeBrownBeauty: Aren't you going to ask why?

    Read by PazPaz at 4:30 pm.

    RobbieTheHottie: yo m9, dd i tll u dat me and wendzy r goin' outtt?

    PazPaz: Actually, no, you didn't.

    RobbieTheHottie: looooooool srry man, butttttt i kinda forgeeet, u know??

    PazPaz: Can you normally type for once, please?

    RobbieTheHottie: but thts the beauty of txtng. u can rite nd ppl will still undrstnd me, m8 so just go on dat date u nvr told me bout dat devil told me, so yeh. see ya l8r m9, ill cya sum time tomorrow, alright?

    PazPaz: My eyes hurt from looking at your texts.

    RobbieTheHottie: HEY. buuttt u used to hve a crush on meh so its aight.

    PazPaz: WE PROMISED NOT TO TALK ABOUT THAT!

    RobbieTheHottie: cya, lil one, c:

    Read by PazPaz at 4:39 pm.

    As soon as I finished messaging the two guys, I flopped onto my bed. After I had angrily left them, I had rushed to the Mystery Shack and up to my room. Unfortunately, both Gideon and I had to share a room, but fortunately Gideon thought he was becoming a man and he needed his privacy.

    Which made him leave this room and take the room upstairs in the attic, leaving me alone in a room with two beds. Of course, I had asked to sell that bed and got an earful of Bud saying that what if guests were to come, and that beds cost a fortune.

    I rolled onto my bed, my head full with frantic thoughts filled with one thing; the date. Is it even a date? I guess, since we've already... you know... kissed. Ugh, I thought, my cheeks flaming red and my face burning and my stomach twisting into little knots.

    That was until my phone started ringing, and for a split second I hoped it was Dipper, with butterflies fluttering in my stomach. But it was soon crushed when Bud's cackling was heard and then his series of barks at me to get my butt in the Shack so I could do my slot.

    Trudging downstairs, trying to look grumpy, but a brilliant smile took over my face. I felt high on happiness, because Dipper asked me out. Who knew such simple things could get your toes curling and your stomach exploding?

    Pulling my hair into a high pony tail, I walked to the desk, with a great big smile to serve our customers. I was in a great mood.

    ~

    Having a good mood, with a massive smile was going horribly. Bud was getting even more customers, crediting my 'lovely' smile and so it got more customers because of great 'customer service' so I had to stay for another three hours.