15. Missing Him

Pacifica Pines

     "Paz! Hey, Paz! Look at my new girlfriend! Isn't she adorable?" gushed Gideon with red, flushed cheeks. I narrowed my eyes at the girl, who's cheeks were hollow and her cheekbones were way too noticeable.

     "New girlfriend?" I choked.

     "Yeah, I guess I had to move on and well I have and so how do you think about my new one, eh? Isn't she the best! She does smell a little weird, but that's alright, right? I mean, the things you do for love, am I right, honey buns?"

     I tried not to gag, or do anything impolite. But this Normandy, or new girlfriend of Gideon's, was starting to creep me out and I was extremely suspicious.

     ~

     Turns out she was a pile of gnomes! Trying to take Gideon, and make him their King, since all the gnomes were whiny lil' females. And I had to save his butt.

     "I thought - I thought we had something special, y'know! I remember holding her cold hands and f-frolicking through the flowers, and picking some out for each other, and y-you know, buying her sweets, all the good stuff!" sobbed Gideon. I patted his back awkwardly, not sure of what to do in this situation.

     "Well, it's alright... she wasn't good for you?"

     More crying.

     ~

     It's been a week since I've met either of the Gleeful twins, it's like they disappeared off the face of the earth. Well, they haven't since they've still been doing their shows, except I've been so very busy.

     Fighting gnomes,  and supernatural forces and creatures. It's been quite the hectic week. I guess, I should admit that I've been missing the brown haired nuisance.

     Okay, I'm lying.

     I'm missing him a lot.

     ~

     Another week gone, and I can't seem to get him out of my head.

     ~

     "Gids, do you know anything about the Gleeful twins? Anything, at all," I said, biting my lip while I flicked through the pages of the Journal. I was sitting on the plush sofa in the basement while Gideon stared at the TV with wide eyes.

     "Wha? Oh, them! Yeah, they're just two kids who happen to have tricked a little demon named 'Will Cipher', and he happens to be their slave," he rambled, eyes never leaving the television, "They're both super duper smart, and they both have the powers of reading minds and - OH MY GOD, LOOK!"

     "Forget the TV show, Gids, tell me more!" I pleaded.

     I didn't know how he knew all of this, but I needed to know, now! I was quite overwhelmed and awestruck that little Gideon knew all of this.

    "Gids, listen to me, just tell me more, I'll do your laundry!" I said in an exasperated tone. Gideon slowly turned around, a devilish grin sprouting on his pale lips.

     "Are you sure?" he giggled evilly.

     "Yes, I will do your stinky laundry, now spill!" I immediately regretted it.

     "They also have the power of tele - tele, I can't say it! Argh, telekinesis? Yes, that! You know, where you move stuff with your minds and stuff... And they want this Journal, which you've been carrying around and they also tried to kill me last summer, but that doesn't matter right now, look how hot Tigress looks?" he gushed, turning around and staring at the animated Tiger lady thing.