Into X Town

The three of them, Gon, Killua, and Usagi, sat around the cassette tape and paid attention as if their lives depended on it. After all, it could have a secret to them finding Gon's dad, and, even though they each had their own goals, finding Ging was their top priority.

"Yo, Gon..." said Ging's fuzzy recording, "So you became a Hunter, too."

"This is my dad's voice..." Gon thought to himself, as if testing out the phrase.

"Anyway, I have a question for you. Do you want to see me?" The three of them had slight looks of shock on their faces.

"If you do, keep on listening. If you don't, press the stop button." after a pause he continued. "I'm guessing that's a 'yes'. Then I'll ask you once more; are you prepared? Hunters are selfish creatures. They're willing to sacrifice anything to get what they want. If you're only slightly interested in seeing me, you should stop the tape now. I'll give you a moment to consider it."

Killua looked over at Gon and said, "Well?" Afterwards he figured out from the look in Gon's eyes that he was definitely going to.

However Usagi looked over with a grim expression. "Gon... I still don't think you should see him... After all, how important do you think you are to him if he was willing to leave you behind?!" Usagi internally shouted at him.

"I guess you really do want to see me... But I don't want to see you."

"CALLED IT!!" Usagi screamed out loud as the other two gasped. She looked at the cassette player as if it was her mortal enemy.

"I don't know how I could face you now. After all, I chose my own desires over my parental duty. I'm a bad person."

Usagi huffed. "I so called it..." She thought.

"I'm guessing that by the time you hear this tape, at least ten years will have passed. But one thing still hasn't changed; I'm still me. As you listen to this tape, I'm out doing reckless things. If you want to see me, find me. But as I said before, I don't want to see you. If I sense you nearby, I'll make myself scarce. Catch me if you can; you're a Hunter, aren't you?"

Usagi had a slightly lighter expression, but she still didn't like this Ging character. Killua, however, looked a bit happy; probably happy for Gon.

"Your dad isn't going to be easy to track," Killua stated before he reached over to shut off the tape.

"Oh, wait..." Gon stopped him. He looked over to Gon who said, "Ging's still there."

The three directed their attention back at the tape, which continued to whir.

As if on cue, he said, "Oh, I forgot to mention something...It's about your mother."

Now Usagi seemed interested.

"If you want to know more, keep listening. If you're not interested-" Gon clicked the stop button, cutting Ging off mid-sentence.

Killua and Usagi both looked surprised. "Well why'd you do that?" Usagi questioned.

"I doubt he would've said anything important, like where to find her. Besides, my mom is Mito-san," Gon informed them.

Usagi seemed unsure of his decision, but didn't prod him. Instead, she stood up, held out her hand, and said, "If you won't listen to it then I will." Her expression was stiff, and she was serious about this. Killua and Gon gave her a funny look.

Sighing, she said, "Look, I know you've made up your mind, so I won't force you to listen to it, but if I got the chance to find out more about my mom I would take it," she held out her hand still.