Into X The X Game

Early on the morning that Killua, Usagi, and Gon were going to go and, essentially, try out to get into Greed Island, the five if them plus Melody went to the airport.

"Thanks for all the help with my Nen, Kurapika," Usagi thanked, hugging him tightly.

"It was no problem. You have a lot of potential," he told her, smiling as they embraced, making Killua instantly jealous.

After letting go, Kurapika turned to look at Killua. He leaned down and stood over him while glaring. "Try anything with my cousin; I dare you."

"Jeez, I get it! I wasn't planning on doing anything to her," he answered.

"Also," he leaned over and whispered in Killua's ear, "be sure to look after Usagi, okay? Her Nen worries me..."

Killua sighed before saying, "I will."

With a few exchanged good-byes the group departed. As they walked away Usagi leaned over to Killua and whispered, "I knew you were smart enough not to try me; I could kick your ass."

"I know."

The four of them went back to the hotel to collect their things before saying bye to Leorio.

"Good luck with college!" Usagi called as he drove away. They watched intently as he turned the corner and was out if sight before saying, "Yes! No dad-friend supervision!!"

The three of them walked to the building where the screening was. Inside there were rows of seats and a stage with a curtain separating them from what was going on inside. A man came up and explained that they would be tested on the stage and to line up. Killua, Usagi, and Gon sat in their seats along with a few other people as almost everyone ran to get in line first.

Eventually they got in line and awaited their turn. "Meet you inside," Killua stated as he walked in first, leaving Gon and Usagi out there by themselves.

"I'm a little nervous," Usagi admitted to Gon, who looked at her quizzically. "They might not take me seriously since I'm a girl."

"Didn't you see that other girl in the pink dress? She wasn't nervous at all!" Gon told her.

"Yeah, I guess," Usagi mumbled before Gon began walking up the steps.

"See ya with Killua, Usagi!" Gon exclaimed, leaving Usagi alone with the few remaining applicants behind her.

Not even a minute later it was her turn to go in. Heart beating a million times a second, she clenched her fists and walked up the steps. She breathed in deeply to calm herself when she saw it was only the man they had talked to the day before.

"It's you again. Go on, show me your Ren," he ordered.

"Can I show you my Hatsu instead?" she asked.

"Of course."

"Can I attack you?"

"If you must."

As calmly as she could, she put her hands in front of her and focused Nen around he hands. The room filled with a sudden draft before her eyes narrowed and a huge blast of wind came from the girl, surprising the man for a split second. Before he could say anything, she had jumped into the air and was almost directly above him. She began spinning and the air formed a vortex around him, trapping the man in the center.

A split second later she had conjured her silver pistol, and had it pointed directly at him before diving straight into the cyclone above him. The barrel pointed at his forehead as she hovered above him, wings outstretched.

He held up one hand to signal her to stop, and the air around him 'popped' and dispersed as she set her feet on the ground before getting rid of her wings and gun as well.

"Impressive. You carried out the attack swiftly, but I'd like to see your Ren as well."

Usagi though the worst. "Did I go too far? Was it the gun? My finger wasn't on the trigger!"

"Just show me your Ren. I'm trying to confirm my hypothesis."

"Hypothesis?"

Without another word she used her Ren, and a huge amount of aura appeared around her along with a gust of wind.

"Hmm... you pass. Go on."

"Was my Hatsu not good enough?"

"No, I was just curious what someone with your level of Hatsu's Ren would look like. But I am wondering; why wasn't your Ren that large a few days ago?" he questioned before she walked away.

Usagi smirked before saying, "I didn't want to show off," before walking out. Once she had gone through the door, she saw about twenty people. Killua and Gon waved and shouted, "Usagi!! Over here!"

Usagi waved back as she ran up the steps and sat next to them. A while later they were in a room to prepare going into the game. Gon got to go into the game first because he already had a ring and a memory card, but Killua and Usagi had to play Rock Paper Scissors to see when they'd go. Killua beat Usagi, so she'd go right after him.

After Gon disappeared in the game, people started going in excitedly. Eventually Killua and Usagi made it in and met up with Gon, who had been waiting for them.

The three could tell someone was watching them, but shrugged it off. Eventually they made it to a town, where they heard rumors of a Bomber running around. They also went and ate a whole plate of spaghetti each in under thirty minutes and got a free card before playing in a Rock Paper Scissors tournament to get a card from a restricted slot. After they won, it got stolen from them.

Deciding to leave the town, the three of them bought a map and started walking, but a girl with blonde hair and a pink dress came up to them.

"Please, let me join you!" she begged in an innocent voice.

"Eh? No thanks," Killua stated.

"W-why not?"

"You'd be annoying. Let's go," Killua replied before leading the way out of the town.

"She seemed a little strange... do you have any ideas?" Usagi whispered to them.

"Nope," Gon answered simply as they walked farther and farther from the town, unaware she was following them.

---------

:3 they're in Greed Island!!

I hope you liked this chapter!

What do you think of Usagi's Nen? I think it's pretty cool, but just gonna let you know it gets even better later on :3 give it a few chapters X3

In writing a bunch of chapters in advance, so be happy!

Marina
Written– 7/10/16
Posted– 7/17/16