Chapter 4- Now and Then

*Hey guy. lemme know what you think, yeah?

-writers_dreams*

Chapter 4- Now and Then

After we put the baby to sleep, I walked to the kitchen to make myself a coffee hoping that it will rid me of stress and tiredness, with Michael hot in my trail.

"Jack? What's going on? You have been all we did since we were emitted from the hospital," he said concerned as he wrapped his arms around my waist while I pour the boiling water into the mug. Michael hummed into my ear as he was impatiently waiting for my reply.

"Nothing's wrong. I am fine, the baby is healthy. I am happy," I say, unconvincing, despite my best efforts of trying. Once I placed the kettle back on its stand, Michael had spun me around so he could look me in the eye.

"Baby, please stop lying to me. I thought we were past this," he sighed. "Was it something the doctor said?" I dropped my head hoping to hide my shame. He took that as a yes, "What are you so upset about? Without the bullshit this time."

"These scars are going to be hers." I slap my wrist with the back in my hand.

"Of course they are. She is going to find her soul mate and-"

"The ones I put there before I met you!" I shouted. He made an 'o' shape with his mouth in realization, the shakes his in disapproval.

"No, they will! She is going to have all her theories and believe them so much, Amber is going to rely on them and once she does work out the truth of the Laws she will become anxious about not meeting him and it's going to hurt her and a blade is going to be her outlet!"

"Just because they were your mistakes doesn't mean they will be hers and she will have us to talk to, not a blade," Michael says calmly.

"But how can you be so sure?!" I don't know what has gotten to me to make me snap like that but I am up in arms defending my case about something stupid, that I know won't happen but yet I continue to argue. "How do you know we won't leave Amber at the first sign of things going bad!?"

I threw my arms up in frustration, and was ready to walk away with my warm coffee when Michael grabbed me by the wrist, spun me around once again and said, "Because she is our baby girl, through thick and thin."

*woah that was dramatic! lemme know what you guys think. comment, fan, vote even inbox or whatever you do on here. Hope you guys are enjoying it!**