Chapter 21- Everything has changed

*i know that I have named the last two chapters after Taylor Swift songs but I honestly couldn't think of anything better so if you do please let me know because I am not a big fan of Taylor and by not a bit fan I mean she is basically getting paid to date guys I am just saying. anyway happy reading and let me know what you guys think. I wanna hear theories.

-writers_dreams*

Chapter 21- Everything has changed

Babe?

Did he...?

What do I do?

His accent just enhances the statement, making it harder to stand up. So before my knees gave way I sat down on one of the kitchen stools on the other side of the bench.

Nathan sat down the stool beside me. I am thankful I sat down.

Obviously disturbed by my silence, thinking that I am ignoring him, his accent thick and strong makes some noise.

"Look Amber, I am sorry for what happened at lunch today, I honestly didn't mean to say anything to make you run off the way you did. When Frizz called to say she wanted me to meet her friend, I wasn't too impressed about meeting some girl from Brooklyn but then you walked through those doors and I laid my eyes on you for the first time. You are so beautiful, butterflies were going crazy. It was then that I decided that I wasn't going to be an ass for the first time in my life because I knew that lunch would not be the last time we meet. So when I watched you walk out the door I knew I fucked up and that is my bad and I am sorry."

Some would say that he had rambled on for an apology but me? I don't know. He called me beautiful, he felt what I felt and he was trying not to be a dick for me.

His accent... there aren't any words to describe how it makes me crumble every time.

"I can't promise that I will not be an ass but I will certainly try my best if we can just start over," he continues to apologise.

I don't want to stay away from Nathan. I mean I could try but I wouldn't get very far, I mean look at this guy, but I don't want to accept what he has said just like that and forget everything.

I look over at Frizz who was standing on the other side of the kitchen, far away as possible from Nathan and me as if she didn't want to interfere with what was going on between Nathan and me. Her face is full of surprise, hope and excitement. A killer combination for Frizz.

I already know Frizz's answer to my question.

I collected all the courage I could muster up and spoke, "It's not your fault that I stormed out. It is mine. You just gave me an excuse to walk out." I turned my stool to face Nathan, as he did to me. Frizz got the hint and left the room so I could talk privately with Nathan. "The thing is Nathan, is that... I just came out of a long serious relationship with this guy that I hadn't known for very long, but he was all I had. At lunch today, I blew up because you remind me of him."

And then I saw his face drop to stare at the palms in his lap.

"I am sorry," he said once more still staring at his hands.

"No, Nathan, no. It's my fault, you shouldn't have to say sorry all the time I was being obnoxious and rude and I am the one who should be sorry not you.

"It's your look. The bad boy thing you had going on at lunch, with the leather jacket and the combat boots, it reminded me of Luke. Luke was everything..." I mumbled on, under my breath.

"Do you mind if I ask about Luke?"

The question took me by surprise. I wasn't quite ready to talk about Luke even to Frizz but if Nathan was offering moral support maybe I could find the courage.

*ayye double update wooohhh!!!! vote vote vote vote for dedication dedication dedication dedication. fan comment share inbox vote. I tried to change the cover for acts and burns. our Internet is being weird so let me know if it changed or not*