Chapter 33- Psychotic

+Felicite's POV+

The more and more I think about that phone call with Luke in the wee hours of the morning, the more and more I over think what may happen to me, Amber or Nathan.

"I will find her and she will be mine because Amb still loves me, I know she does. I will find her Frizz. I will kill him if I have to," I remember his promise, like it was my own.

"Bye, Luke."

"I will find you, too," I remember his threats, as if they were branded on the forefront of my mind.

At the time, I told myself that Luke is not a man of his word and that he doesn't mean anything by his threats, they were just empty, because he was drunk and acting stupid. But now that I think about it that gives him more reason to cause harm. The alcohol kills any sense of right from wrong.

I try to push my sub-conscious back so I can focus on my tub of Ben & Jerry's and my TV show. She doesn't stay back for long, when she reads the name of the caller ID on my phone.

He has called so many times since that night and now that I had may as well save his number to my phone, instead of playing a game of "Guess Who" every time I answered.

I usually just ignore the call, but since we are here...

"She isn't here Luke," I say bluntly and straight forward through the line.

"Where...?" He begins but I cut him off with the obvious.

"Not here."

"No fucking shit! Where the fuck is she?" shouted curses spat down the phone.

"With her soul mate," I said, slowing the last two words hoping something might go through that thick skull of his.

"But I am standing right here, and I don't see no Amber. Wait is she hiding under the bed? In the cupboards?"

"No, Luke. She is not hiding. She is not your soul mate."

"If it isn't me then who is it?"

"Nathan." As soon as I said it my hand slaps my mouth shut. I have already said too much.

"Nathan? As in your ex fuck-buddy Nathan? As in French-asshole-who-fucks-around Nathan?" FUCK. My hand still over my mouth I shake my head in disbelief.

I slowly move the hand away and say, "How did you..." I trail off.

"I am friends with you on Facebook, Frizz. Whatever you put on there, is public," Luke reminds me.

But I don't remember putting anything up. I must have been drunk.

"Now, where is this Nathan fuck hole taking my baby?" His voice becomes menacing and terrifying.

How did Amb put up with this?

"Nope," I whisper into my hand, as I shook my head, knowing that full well that he cannot see me.

"WHERE IS SHE FELICITE?" he shouts at the top of his lungs, forcing me to pull the phone away from my ear.

"I don't know. Call her yourself," I say as bravely as I can. I didn't want him shouting at me anymore, otherwise I won't go to sleep tonight.

He calls back but I just ignore.

He calls several more times, so I move the phone to my room, away from me.

I bring my knees up to my chest in hope to comfort myself from the frightening I had just received.

It's okay, Frizzy, the bad man is gone, I tell myself.

He's gone for now.

I divert my full attention back to my show and ice cream. The fictional show soon makes me forget about my reality for a while.