Chapter 24- Blueberry muffins

*wow 207 reads. thank you so much guys. if you guys are reading from the app and not on the site the characters are: Jessica Mauboy is Frizz, Demi Lovato is Amber, Luke is Ryan Gossling and Nathan is Zac Efron.

-writers_dreams*

Chapter 24- Blueberry muffin

Once we had finished dinner, Frizz has cleared the table and began to wash up. When she was done she mumbled something like she was tired and walked down the hall.

Since I had opened the packet to the blueberry muffins, I haven't seen her.

I stirred the batter one last time before I added the blueberries just as Nathan lowered his finger into the bowl before bringing it up to his mouth.

This time I let it slide but I slapped his wrist and told him no when he went to dip his finger once more.

"Ow," he laughed.

"I hope these are as good as my grandmother's," he continued, "as I was just slapped."

"Me, too," I said still remembering that I shouldn't be trusted with the oven or the stove.

"I miss her so much," he murmurs beneath his breath. He said it so low it was only just audible to my ears.

"Where is she?" I question, not thinking.

"She-- eh-- passed away recently," he mutters, looking down at his hands, which were rubbing together, in his lap.

How can we go from being happy and playful one second to sad and depressing the next?

Whatever the answer I felt bad for asking.

"Nathan, I- I am sorry. I didn't --,"

"Amber what do you do for a living?" he asks lifting his head from looking at his hands, changing the subject.

"I, uh. I am current a paid intern at publishing house back home, in Brooklyn."

Which reminds me I need to call the boss about working from home. She still thinks that I am recovering from the break up. Well I am, but I need to start work again, to distract myself. And there is no fucking way I am going back to Brooklyn.

"You write?" The sad look has been replaced with surprise. I am glad because I couldn't stand to see it any more. Knowing that I was the one who put it there, the sad look, makes my stomach turn, and not in the good way. But I won't let him see that.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. Why do you look so surprised?" I question curiously.

"You don't come off as a girl with an imagination."

I feel offended but before I can retaliate to his observation, he smiles mischievously, implying he was only joking.

Nathan and I have come a long way since lunch today. Wow, we only met today? It feels as if we have known each other for at least a couple of weeks at the least.

Anyway I walked in to the restaurant, head held high when I saw Nathan and our conversation was going nowhere. He asked me a general question and I came to say "Your accent sounds funny." Congrats Amber. The conversation quickly escalated to shouting and me storming out of the restaurant and now we converse as if we were a married couple. No, that over exaggerated. We spoke to each other as if we have been friends for months but our connection doesn't feel like we are friends.

His voice drags me out of my thoughts, "Amberiza, can I ask you something?" My name rolled off his tongue smoothly with the French pronunciation of each letter. I reluctantly nod to the question as curiosity got the better of me.

"Sure."

"Do you feel it?" he said slowly trying to find the right terminology. He still seems to be searching.

What the high as fuck butterflies in my stomach? The temperature of this fucking necklace? How good you make me feel? How fucking sexy you are? Why, yes, I do!

"What do you mean?" I spoke deciding that none of that was acceptable to say aloud.

"Never mind. It is stupid," he shook the thought out of his head.

"Tell me," I beg, grabbing his biceps. Bad idea.

"When I pulled up in the drive-way my insides were stirring until I saw you walk out here, no matter how mad you looked when you saw me. The same happened at the restaurant. I was going crazy then everything just... stopped when you walked in."

He continued to speak as I poured the blueberries into the batter.

"The way I feel about you... it's like I have known you in a past life or something,"

"And this little fucker," he curses pulling something out of his pull over from around his neck, "Has just felt like someone has put it on the boil. Ow! See!"

Once the necklace has fallen to his pull over I could finally see that his pendent was a solid four pointed star like mine but the one I wear is only the outline.

*thanks guy for reading. Fan vote comment share message! happy reading! cheers*