Chapter 30- Confusion

"Come on Amber. What happened to no hiding, no lying?" He questions with his glorious accent, reminding me of my previous words towards Nathan.

He continues to glance over at the fryer, overlooking the last of the fries sizzling in the oil.

I hate it when I eat my words; it makes me look like a psychotic patient at a mental hospital who has no idea what they are talking about.

It makes me look even worse when people throw my own words back in my face because I have no choice but to oblige.

"I have to go back," I blurt out quietly but quickly.

"What?" he questions as his glance quickly shifts over my way as he pulled the chips out of the oil.

"Don't you think it's quite funny what can happen within a space a five minutes? At one moment you have your hand up my skirt, sucking at my neck and now we are talking hiding and lying. Geez, this couldn't get any weirder," I mention kicking my legs back and forth as I continued to be in a seated position on the kitchen bench.

"What?" he frowns, his eyebrows almost forming one.

"What?" I repeat only to confuse him further.

"What were you saying just before?" he pushes to make sense of it all.

"What are you talking about?"

"I am so fucking lost," he surrenders, serving the food onto white china plates.

"Here you go," he says handing me a plate full of deliciously smelling food. Although covered in oils and fats, it still looks really tasty.

I jump down from the bench, as he grabbed two squeeze bottles from the door of the fridge.

I then followed him down to the table.

Once seated and tucking into our food, he asked, "So what was said on the phone for you to change moods so drastically, so sudden?"

Damn it. I tried so hard to distract him from my conversation on the phone but my plan didn't work as well as I had I intended.

"I, uh, have to go back to Brooklyn," I mention pushing food into my mouth.

Oh dear, lord, this is mouth-watering.

"What for?"

"Ava says I need to collect my stuff from the office."

"So you're transferring?"

Fuck. Why do I only tell half the fucking story?

"Yeah, to the Philly house."

"Then why can't she just mail it all to the new office?" he questions. Curiosity making an appearance in his eyes.

"She could but I need to say goodbye to the office. I can't just up and leave without a goodbye."

Yes, okay. I did up and leave Luke without a goodbye but that is beside the point.

"Well, when are you planning to leave?"

Nathan: the man who is always asking the questions before you have even thought of them.

"Well I start at the new house on Thursday. I should leave tomorrow stay a couple nights and come back Tuesday so I have time to ready myself for the new office," I think aloud.

"Are you planning to travel alone?"

"What are you implying Nate?"

"I was wondering, if I were to come with you. Y'know for like moral support," he stumbles as he rubs the back of his neck. I watch as the redness creeps to his cheeks, making me smile.

*hey guys I am going to rant for a little bit. Michael from 5 seconds of summer tweeted about the bachelor (the show) and said he doesn't get the concept because all the girls are dating him and it just isn't right. Some people decided to tweet him hate and it got to the point where he deleted his tweets (He sent more then one) and this drives me made because he was stating his opinion about how he thought that bachelor is giving men the wrong idea, he was FUCKING STICKING FOR WOMEN EVERYWHERE AND HE IS JUST KNOCKED DOWN AND DELETED HIS TWEETS! Personally this is not okay. I went throught the mentions and had a rant at some of them. Ckeck it out my user is @liveurdreams98. sorry for the rant. I had to get it out.

-writers_dreams*