Chapter 38- Boundaries

"I know fuck all about who you fucked!" Luke screams back at Nathan, as he abruptly stood to his feet causing his chair to fall to the ground behind the tall man.

He is lying and we all know it. Luke is purposely doing this to push his boundaries with me, to see how far he can go with Nathan. I know how this is going to end and I have to stop it before it goes that far.

"I think we are just going to grab that leather jacket of mine and any other stuff I left behind and be off," I remind the two boys why we are here in the first place. I leave the table to start to collect my things from the bedroom.

"Excuse me, young lady. Where do you think you are going? You of all people should know how rude it is leave the table in the middle of a conversation without excusing yourself. You impolite little bitch." Luke has always spoken to me like this. He acts as if he is the father who stumbles into the house late at night with liquor on his breath to find his 'sad excuse' of a daughter still up waiting for her goodnight kiss from the man that should be there for her. Always. No respect what so ever.

I turn on the ball of my heels to walk back to the direction of where I originally was.

"Stop! Stop talking to me like that. Stop talking to me like I am the saddest excuse for a human being. I have done so much for you and all you can fucking do is treat me like dirt. Just kick me under the rug when I appear. No this is where it ends. I came here to get the stuff I left behind when I realised how much of an ass you really are and get out of here. Not to pretend to be friends. Not to have a coffee. Not to have a screaming match. Just to grab my stuff and go!"

"Don't you dare fucking speak to me like that! You have no right! I practically raised you!" The memories of his ideas of punishments rushed through my mind causing me to shudder at the thought.

"What a fucking great job you did! Because here I am with a guy I met just a little over a week ago, a fucking French one of that, being disobedient once again."

"Well, maybe I am just going to have to teach you a lesson aren't I?" I watch the evil smirk crawl onto his jaw. And it isn't the cute kind of evil either. It was murderous and witch-y; green skin, long bent-out-of-shape nose, wart covered face, broom stick, witches hat kind of witch-y.

Before he had the chance to grab hold of my wrist, Nathan had him in a head lock and his arm in an awkward position that would dislocate his shoulder with any further movement.

"Do not ever touch a woman like you were just about to. You treat them with respect. You treat them with poise. You love them. Not hit them. Ever," I faintly hear Nathan's whispers into Luke's ear.

"Too bad the rule doesn't apply to boys," Luke returns the reminder by using his free arm to elbow Nathan in the groin. I knew this was the first move in a long and violent game of chess, so I retreat the bedroom, closing the door behind me in hope to block out the groans of pain sourcing from the two men full of testosterone in the next room.

I sit on the bed Luke and I used to share the nights he wouldn't kick me out to sleep on the couch, thinking over all the possible ways this day could end.

~Nathan's POV~

From the hit to the groin, I topple over in pain, watching Amber run to the closest room and locks herself inside. Good. I don't want her to witness this. Whilst waiting to recover from the previous hit, I watch a set of bruised and cracked knuckles connect with my jaw. A shock of pain demanding to be felt wasn't too far behind. Luke's fist reconnected with my face from the other side, then another hit from underneath causing me to bite my tongue. I spit blood onto his floors as I regain my stand on my feet. Just as I do, I am greeted with a full forced punch to the stomach which knocked the wind out of me and my feet from underneath me. I lie on my back wincing and moaning in pain as Luke stands over me.

"Next time, Nathan, maybe you will think twice about telling a man double your size what to do," He spits. See, I knew he knew my name.

Luke begins to walk towards the door Amber is hiding behind to do God knows what to her. Before I can stop myself, I stood between the door and Luke.

DON'T DO IT NATHAN! DON'T DO IT! My conscience screams from inside my head. I push him away as I reached up between Luke and yanked his Charm from his neck. We looked at each other in disbelief as we watched the Charm disintegrate into ash in my palm. I look up from my hand and watched Luke become more and more transparent before nothing stood before me.

*That is the end of Scars and Burns. I want to say a massive massive massive thank you to my editor Booklover1598!! I want to say thank you to all of my readers. I want to say a thank you to my followers/fans especially PatriciaMicosa07 and PatriciaStyles18. Stay tuned for book two Sticks and Stones. please vote if you enjoyed this book. Comment what was your favourite part. Fan for more stories and message me or inbox me for a chat. cheers

Xx

-writers_dreams*