Untitled Part 28

"I was thinking that since Karin missed her prom and graduation because of her life as a soul reaper," she got on her knees and begged." Can we please throw her a party or a party for her new official title as captain of the 9th squad."

Karin was in extremely bad mood when she woke up. She thought about it hard about the alarm. She was sure that someone had tampered with it. Only her suspicion on Momo was more and more accurate.

When Momo slept beside Karin, she looked so peaceful and innocent. She wanted to believe that Momo wouldn't do anything like that but she had to make sure.

When Karin went though the living room she noticed that Toshiro was already up and out the door. Karin laughed as it was five o'clock in the morning. Since she had been living here, he had been getting up an hour earlier than usual. She quickly got ready for work and left for a jog.

As Karin ran through the streets, she saw that many people were doing the same as she came to a crossroads between the buildings. She noticed that many people were up early for 6 o'clock. Usually it was only a few individuals but there were many soul reapers up early for work.

When Karin approached her barracks, she saw some of her seated and non-seated members training. She smiled as she saw her higher rank members helping her lower rank members, train.

"Good morning, captain." They chimed as she past them.

"Morning." She smiled at them. Karin began to walk to her office. She could feel the stares of her members as she walked past them. She brushed it off her as she was used to it.

When it reached 10 o'clock Karin had finished all the paperwork giving for the squad. She stretched her cramped hand for writing for so long. She felt that many members were missing, Shuhei being one of them. She brought out her phone and called him. He didn't answer quickly but after 3 rings he picked up.

"Hello, captain?"

"Shuhei, are you all right? Your not at the squad. I was just worried. Are you okay?" She asked as she placed her feet on her desk.

"Yeah, I'm fine, captain." He began to cough." I'm just not feeling well." He coughed again.

"Oh, okay. I just wanted to know where half the members are?" She could hear him being a bit hesitant. "It's fine. I'll work with the ones I have. Get well soon." Karin hung up the phone and looked up to the ceiling.

"Well that was weird." She climbed out of her chair and headed out the door.

She walked around the barracks looking for any of her members. She found a couple relaxing in the court yard. They looked up as she saw her standing there. Quickly they jumped to their feet, standing at attention. Karin shook her head and walked beside them. She sat down and looked up at them.

"I may be a captain but I ain't boring." The two men laughed and joined her. Karin noticed that both were shocked at her action.

"Captain, why?" She looked at them.

"I have no idea where my members are and I can't use the butterfly. It creeps me out." The members laughed.

"Hey, want me to help you with anything, you like. Zanjutsu, Hakuda, Hohō or kido." The men looked to each other.

"Erm, our squad stinks at Hakuda." Karin smiled and stood up.

"Fine. Find remaining squad 9 members and if you want you can ask any free soul reaper."

Karin was in the dojo with many random soul reapers. She recognised some of them as she had trained with them before. She placed her haori on the bench and then placed her in a messy bun. She turned around to find the men scattered around the dojo. She placed her fingers in her mouth and whistled. They quickly turned around to look at her.