Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

----------------------------

{JANICE POV}

I was on the couch, drinking tea trying to calm down.

Tea usually helped me relax but I guess what I just saw really made me shift out of place.

I couldn't stop crying.

I kept thinking to myself 'maybe that night was a mistake and they didn't really mean it.'

But now I knew they did mean it. And they were trying to hurt me. I mean, how could they?! She was my best friend, and he knew how much I liked him.

If he didn't want to go out with me he could have told me so, instead of making a fool of me like that. I was tired of guys being jerks with me.

He was the second guy to hurt me this bad, I couldn't believe it. I was so angry again.

I heard screaming outside. I put my mug down on the coffee table and walked over to the window and peeked outside.

Sonia was out there, and so was Niall. They were yelling at each other.

I already had a massive headache and them screaming wasn't helping my situation at all.

I took a few steps and opened the door.

Once I opened it, they both settled down and turned to look at me.

"Come inside Sonia."

"Janice, can I please have a word with you, it's really important, we need to talk, please." He said.

I looked up and I looked him in the eye, with my tears running down my cheeks. I wasn't going to speak to him, I wanted him to see the pain in my eyes.

I began to slowly close the door.

"Janice please! It's really urgent. I don't know why you keep ignoring me, what did I do wrong?!"

That set me off.

Instead of slowly closing the door, I stopped, and I slammed it in his face.

How dare he ask what he did wrong..

He began to bang on the door begging me to let him in. I went over to the living room and turned on my stereo. I was trying to block him out.

After about a minute or two he stopped. I turned down the music.

I began to cry again.

Sonia and I both sat on the couch.

She waited for me to calm down a bit and then explained what had happened while I was gone.

Turns out Niall and Leslie had been going out for more than a week now. She didn't tell me earlier because she didn't want to spoil my visit at my parents house.

I guess that's what he needed to tell me so urgently.

I asked her how she knew and she said she talked to Danielle and she saw them pass by a couple of times while holding hands or hugging each other.

Then I explained to Sonia what I had seen earlier and why I was so upset.

"I don't know what to do Sonia." I said, as I began to cry harder.