chapter 4 - what is what

Stormy's pov

Finishing my last math problem for my geometry class, I looked over at the clock and seen it was going on 6:30. with me and mya talking, singing, eating snacks and taking breaks between doing our homework, I didn't notice the time fly by.

"Oh my god, I didn't know it was this late." I said almost freaking out. At this time, it was already pitch black outside.

"Oh damn me either." Mya said putting her geometry book down.

I started packing my bag and putting away everything. I really didn't wanna walk in the night time but I honestly had no choice.

Soon as I was about to leave, the door opened and a lady who had brown skin with shoulder length black hair, walked in. she had to be around 5'6. she was really pretty. she had on a food 4 less grocery store shirt with a name tag. she kinda resembled vivica a. fox in a way. she was gorgeous.

"Hi baby, how was your first day of school?" The lady asked mya. it was then she turned and looked in my direction. when she saw me she smiled brightly.

"It was good, I actually made a friend."

"Mom this is stormy and stormy this is my mom." Mya said introducing us.

"Hi im Ms. Blackwell but you can call me Michelle." She said giving a warm welcoming hug.

"My name is stormy but you can call me storm." I said. after watching them two engage in their conversation for about 2 minutes, I realized I had to start heading out before it got even more late.

"Ummm well I have to go. it was really nice meeting you Ms. blackwell. I'll see you tomorrow at school mya." I said heading for the door.

"Oh no wait, I was just about to cook dinner, you sure you don't wanna stay?" Ms. blackwell asked.

"No I cant, I have to walk home."

"Gurl if you don't get yo ass in here. it is pitch black outside. I would be a fool if I let you walk out there by yourself. I wouldn't forgive myself if something happen to you. I know you young but you know how those streets are."

"Maybe you can just sleep over." Mya suggested.

I thought about it. it would be better over here then back at my apartment. but then again I had nothing to sleep in or anything.

"Yea but I don't have clothes or nothing of that sort. so it's best if I just go."

"Pshh please, we're about the same size. you can borrow my clothes."

"I have no underwear or nothing so no." I said trying to get her to give up. I needed to go.

"I have a whole brand new pack of underwear. I promise and im pretty sure we have an extra toothbrush somewhere."

From the intense smiling stare I was getting from ms. blackwell and mya giving me the puppy dog face, I gave in. "Alright I'll stay." I said placing my bag back down on the floor.

"Yay!"

"Good I'll start on dinner. storm you can use the house phone to call your parents and tell them you're staying."

I honestly didn't have no reason to use the phone. john could care less. he was probably gonna be angry once he realize im not there. I just ended up lying and saying that my stepfather wouldn't be home until tomorrow morning so it didn't really matter if I called or not.

About a 1 hour later, dinner was done. Michelle ended up cooking baked chicken, green beans, cabbage and cornbread. it was so good. I literally demolished my food down.