chapter 17- Never on time

Stormy's pov

Its been a whole month since me and king got back from Jamaica. hes been distant and doesn't talk to me as much. he was a total different king. I've been going to school and just trying to get my life together. I was a mess.

"Im going to the library after school so you don't have to pick me up" I told king. I needed to study for my SAT test and I needed to be in a quiet environment to do so.

"Alright what time you gone be ready, I'll come pick you up"

"Around 5, maybe 6"

"Alright cool" He said staring down at his lap.

I was thinking to ask him whats the matter but he a jackass and I don't think he deserves my sympathy.

"Bye" I said getting out the car.

Today was just one of them lazy days where I didn't care about nothing. I just wanted to get through my classes without any worries and then study at the library. Mya wasn't here because she said she was sick and J was taking care of her. So that left me by myself.

I was making my way to my english class but was stopped by shawn. I cursed under my breath because I didn't want to be bothered.

"You gone take out your earphones so you can hear me?" He asked. I mean if you see a person with earphones in their ears that should give you the signal not to try and talk to them.

I took them out and paused my song I was listening to. "What's up?"

"I wanted to see if you wanted to hangout at lunch maybe"

"No Im fine, thank you though" I walked away. I don't like talking if I don't have to.

I took my seat and put my earphones back in. I started to work on the assignment that was on the board. I will be glad when school is over.

King's pov

I didn't mean to flip out on stormy that day. the trap had got robbed and J telling me it was some lady spotted outside in a black mercedes suv. I did a close up on the camera and seen I recognized the woman. I hired a private investigator to find stormy's mom and the woman on the camera matched. I found her a long time ago but I didn't want to tell stormy. But to find out, the guy who actually robbed us wasn't connected to her at all so I wanted to know why she was parked outside of the trap.

"Hello" I answered my phone.

"What's crackin crackhead" Chris said.

"You got issues"

"No I got problems and a bitch ain't one"

"What you call me for?"

"For stormy's number, she ain't hit a nigga up so imma call her phone all day"

"Maybe she don't wanna talk to you"

"You know Im starting to think you have feelings for her"

"Nope none of that"

"Don't deny your true love when it's right in front of you"

"Nigga bye, get her number on your own" I hunged up the phone. This nigga was trippin. I don't have feelings for no one.

I got up and grabbed my keys to my benz. I was hungry and wanted to get something to eat before I went to the trap. moments later, I pulled up to medrano's and got out my whip and went inside. once I ordered my food and it was ready, I left out heading to my car. unlocking my car door, I felt a cold steel against my neck. I chuckled and turned around to be faced with some young nigga.