chapter 12- V Day

Stormy's pov

Me and Mya were sitting in the cafeteria at lunch. She was eating the nasty burger and fries that they were serving and I just got a fruit bowl to hold me until I got home to make me something to eat. Mya kept talking about valentine's day, which is today and what J had planned for them.

"And he said something about a nice dinner downtown and then going to a hotel"

"A hotel?" I asked.

"Yea I know what you thinking, but It just feels right. Its valentine's day and he waited long enough. He's the first serious boyfriend I ever had and I think Im ready"

"Don't say you think, are you sure your ready?"

She looked at me and sighed. "Yes stormy Im ready"

"Ok Im just making sure. I don't want you to make a mistake that you would regret later on"

"Ok mom" She laughed. I laughed to and threw a pineapple at her.

"Shut up. I ain't nobody momma"

"You will be and the father is gonna be king" She said laughing.

I staled face her. "Stop talking. that will never happen"

"Stormy you know you like him and didn't you tell me a few weeks ago that he stayed by your side and wiped your tears away when you were crying about what your mom did"

I looked down at my fruit and remembered that day. He made me feel like I was the only girl in his world and all he wanted to do was make sure that I was alright.

"Yea he did but he was just being nice"

"Are we talking about the same king? King is not that nice to everyone. Im telling you he feels some type of way about you"

I ignored her comment and just ate my fruit. when I was eating, I noticed shawn standing in front of our table.

"Hey mya. What's up stormy" He said. Me and mya said hi back.

"I was wondering if yall wanted to go out with me and a couple of other people" He asked.

"Sorry But I have plans but stormy here doesn't" Mya said basically telling him I had no life on valentine's day.

Shawn looked at me and waited for me to answer. "You gone come thru with us?" He asked.

"No Im fine"

"You sure?"

"Yea im sure but thank you"

"Alright your choice. I'll see yall around" He said leaving and going back to his group.

"And you were this close to having a valentine" Mya said. "If you don't like king, why couldn't you go out with shawn?"

"King has nothing to do with this. Im not about to be a side chick to him and jazmyne"

"What are you talking about?"

"Did you not see him bring her a bunch of balloons and a teddy bear today?"

"Oh yea shit I forgot about that. yea you made the right choice. he was a dick head to even ask you to go out with him" She said.

I nodded my head. "Exactly"

"But you sure you don't want to go out with me and J?"

"And sit in the hotel room and watch yall get it in? No I'll pass" I said getting up and throwing my food away.

"No I would never. I mean we could drop you off after you have dinner with us or something"

I laughed at how she wanted to make sure that I was ok with being alone. "Mya Im fine. Its valentine's day which means it should only be you and J together not me, you and J"