Chapter Eighteen

Alex dialed Belle's number again but now it was switched off.

"Belle where are you?!" Alex groaned.

Belle had messaged him three hours earlier that she was going to come over to his place but when after an hour she had not showed up, Alex had gotten worried. He had called Ethan but he didn't know anything. He had asked Ethan to call her father and ask him. Ethan had called him back and told him that her father left her after dinner. Alex had assured Ethan not to worry and Belle must be home asleep as today had been a hectic day.

It was now 12 a.m. in the morning and Belle had messaged him at 9.pm.

Alex dialed Jack Mason's number. He was his head of security and overlooked all his businesses at the moment.

"Hey Jack, listen I need you to track this phone number and find out about a woman named Isabelle Hawking. It is a matter of life and death. Please it is urgent. I will text you all the details"

Jack had told him that he would have the information within an hour. Alex knew he would, after all Jack was an ex agent of security forces.

Exactly an hour later Jack had called him and told him that he had tracked the phone to an under construction building. He said that the phone must still be with Belle, either in her purse or pocket. He said that the person who did this wanted them to find him or her as this was too easy. Alex had immediately hung up and had rushed to his car to get to this place and get Belle back. He prayed that she was okay and no harm had been done to her.
___________________________________

Belle tried opening her eyes but the light was too bright, making her head split into pieces due to the pain. Belle groaned as she managed to open her eyes.

"Ah, so the sleeping beauty is awake, I see"

Belle looked around and took in the appearance of the room she was in. It was a simple, concrete room with no windows and no furniture except for the chair she was tied upon, there was a single small door which at the moment was shut.

"I thought my men gave you too much chloroform and killed you." Belle tried to twist in her seat to look behind her at the man who was speaking to her.

The man stepped in front of her. He was inch or so short of six feet, with blue eyes and brownish hair.

"May I introduce myself, I am Daniel Hoffman." He said and smirked.

Belle looked at him but didn't say anything.

"So we are going to play the silent game now are we? Aren't you going to ask why I kidnapped you and bought you here?"

"Who are you?"

"I just told you my name. Well well, looks like you are not in the state to ask any intelligible questions. It seems like your brain is still under the influence of chloroform. So I am going to be a gentleman and explain this situation to you."

"Bastard!"

"Ahh...a fiery one. Good to know my brother has a nice taste in women. You know such nature tends to make the bedroom a much more thrilling experience. Anyways where was I? Yes, I was going to tell you why I bought you here. So your lover boy Alex called me the other day and tells me to kidnap you. I told him this is not part of the plan."

"Alex would never do that and what plan are you talking about?"

Daniel swirled around and slapped her across the face.

"Jeez, a little patience will you? Don't spoil it" Daniel muttered irritated at the interruptions.

"So yeah...I will tell you about the plan first. It is a little secret but I doubt Alex is going to let you walk alive out of this room so I might as well tell you. Alex and I have a very interesting way of making a living. We fool rich people out of it, been doing this form past so many years. You just came across as a nice target. So Alex and I planned that Alex would make you fall in the trap of his fake love, which I must say he did pretty good job at and then marry you and then divorce you and walk away with millions but I do not know what has crossed his mind that he asked me to kidnap you. Did you get on with his plan? Heard him talk to me? Tell me!!!" Daniel roared at her and slapped her across the other cheek. Daniel was happy with the results he was getting. He was going to spoil everything between Alex and Belle and make Alex pay for this. Once he got over this love sickness, he would come crawling back to him.

Belle was going into a panic attack. All the yelling and slapping was pushing her over the edge.

"I don't believe a word you say" Belle said to him

"Oh, I have proof" Daniel said as he grabbed a laptop from a bag. He turned on the laptop and placed it on her lap. He then went behind her and rather than putting his hands directly on the laptop he slid them down her shoulder, over her breasts and stomach.

Daniel opened a document and showed her pictures of Alex and him meeting and hanging out. He then played an audio and Belle's heart shattered.

Daniel had been recording the past few meeting between Alex and him as he knew something was not right. Belle listened and there was no doubt that it was Alex speaking as they discussed on what to do.

Alex was saying that he would soon take Belle out for date and then take the plan ahead by charming her. Belle screamed out at the betrayal. Daniel grabbed her hair and pulled her head back.

"Shut up you bitch!" Daniel said "Now that you know the whole truth and Alex will be here shortly, I should enjoy this feast in front of me. Let me also see what pleasure he has been getting from you." Daniel said as he grabbed her shirt and pulled at it. The shirt ripped from the front, revealing her bra.

Belle couldn't do anything as her arms and legs were tied to the chair. She screamed but Daniel took the piece of torn shirt and stuffed it in her mouth. He yanked off her bra and grabbed her breasts.

"I don't like my women scream----"

The door flew open Alex charged in, his face contorted in fury.

"YOU ASSHOLE! GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF HER NOW!" Alex roared as he charged towards Daniel. He grabbed Daniel by the collar and flung him across the room. He then hurriedly removed his jacket and placed it across Belle, who had passed out, just as Daniel came charging towards him.

Alex punched Daniel in the face and Daniel staggered back. Then suddenly Daniel took out a gun and shot Alex in the kneecap and shoulder. Alex fell down and yelled out in pain.

"I am so sorry little brother." Daniel cooed at Alex

"I am not your brother, you pathetic piece of shit!" Alex spat at him.

"Oh yes we are. You know you cannot run away from this life as a con man no matter how hard you try. It runs on our blood. I will not let you walk away this easily and our Belle here has been enlightened about our little plan you know. She kind of pissed off at you at the moment. Sorry for causing any domestic rift."

"I didn't expect this from you Daniel. How could you do this to me? I loved and trusted you like a brother." Alex was blinded by pain in his knee and shoulder at the moment and he couldn't believe it was Daniel behind all this.

"Not like a brother, as a brother. We are both the sons of the same father, Matthew Hoffman."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"He was a great con artist you know? But he amended his ways when he met my mother but then your whore of a mother spoiled it all, got pregnant with you but dropped you at the hospital and ran. My father tried finding you but he couldn't. It ate him alive and he died but he told my mother about it before dying. When she was diagnosed with cancer she told me about you. My father had succeeded at finding your name. When you joined high school mid semester, I knew it was you but to make sure I got out DNA tested. It was clear. You were my half brother. Knight was the maiden name of your mother and she kept your middle name Matthew after my father but I never liked you, you know. You spoiled my happy family but you were intelligent and being a con man is easy money so I pulled you along and now you want to desert me? I will not let go of this lifestyle and neither will I let you!"

"I will not let this happen, Daniel!" Alex yelled. Daniel was his half brother yet he went to this extent to destroy him. Alex was getting dizzy from the loss of blood.

"You cannot do anything really. The woman for whom you are trying to reform yourself hates you now. I showed her everything, played our recording for her. She has heard you plotting against her. You have no choice. I am going to leave you for now because it will be give me immense pleasure to see you suffer and writher in pain but one day I am going to come back for you and you are going to beg me to take you back." Daniel said as picked up his laptop and bag and just as he was about to leave he shot Alex in the other leg and walked out.