Chapter Six

Belle let go of Alex and stepped back.

Her heart was thumping erratically in the aftermath of the kiss, her temperature rocketing of the scale.

Alex stood there trying to comprehend what just happened. One minute he was there to grab the file and the next Isabelle had stepped up and kissed him. He was so taken aback by the kiss that by the time he decided what to do, she herself had stepped back.

A part of Alex’s mind smirked gleefully with the thought that this woman just helped him with his plan. She was so attracted to him that she kissed him on the first day only. Things were going to be so easy for Alex and this would be over fast than both Daniel and he had thought about.

“I am so sorry, Mr. Knight” Belle said as she tried to get past Alex but stumbled and he caught her by her waist. Belle stared at his face and her face turned crimson red.

She straightened up and fixed her jacket.

“What did I just do?” She thought to herself as she tried to get away from Alex. She hurriedly made a beeline for the rest room.

Alex watched in amusement as Isabelle almost ran towards the restroom and closed the door behind her. He had loved the feel of her lips against her. They were so soft and kissed him so tenderly. He wanted to kiss her again.

“Get a grip” He muttered to himself. He took the file she had asked for and placed it on her desk. He knew she was hiding and would not come out until he left the office. Hence he walked out to his desk and sat down.

Pleasure ran through his veins like liquid fire as he thought of her in his arms, making passionate love. Alex cut that train of thought with a shake of his head. He knew he could not be attracted to her to such an extent. He picked up with glass of water and gulped it down in a single go.

His phone rang and he answered it on the first ring.

“Mr. Knight, the meeting starts in ten minutes. Please have the meeting room ready”
“It is already done Ma’am.” Alex replied as he hung up the phone and gathered some papers to make note. He didn’t even know what he was supposed to write down so he decided he would write down whatever sounded important to him.

Isabelle walked into the meeting room and saw that everyone was settled in including Alex who was sitting to the side with a notepad. Their eyes met and Belle looked away instantly. She still could not find any reason or even excuse to why she kissed him. It was so spontaneous that even she didn’t see it coming. He had not said a word to her about it and now that she thought about it, he had not even responded back. What is he was already committed to someone? She knew he was not married from his documents which stated his marital status as single.

The meeting commenced and Isabelle got engrossed in it that she for the time being forgot Alex’s presence in the room. On the other hand Alex was sitting there and admiring her.

She was so radiant and full of energy yet so shy. She barely spoke more than necessary with him except for that kiss which made him yearn for more. Alex wanted her badly. He couldn’t deny the fact that he was attracted to her. He knew this was dangerous and it could lead to him being attached to her on emotional level. It had happened with Daniel when he had fallen for the girl he was conning and it did not end up as a happy ending. He did not want to go through the same thing but this woman was making him feel things he didn’t know he was capable of.

The meeting ended and followed by a quick discussion and signing of a few documents, all the men left one by one leaving Belle and Alex alone in the room. Belle looked at Alex and knew she had to talk to him about what happened in the office. She did not want to have an awkward and strained atmosphere in the office. It was only day one with him in the office and she had already killed it.

“Mr. Knight, I wanted to say…” Belle had started to speak when Alex strode towards her and pushed her against the wall and kissed her.  As soon as his lips touched her, Belle was lost in a world of tender passion. She felt intoxicated. She responded back with equal fervor.

Alex grasped her hips with one hand and the other fisted her hair. She threw her arms against him and pushed herself against his body. Alex hand travelled upwards but her hand caught it and Alex stopped.

“Not here” Belle said. She looked into his eyes and saw pure lust, exactly what she was feeling.

She took his hand and led him to a small bedroom, which her father had set up as he was a complete workaholic and sometimes slept at the office, adjoining her office. Alex followed her and not once he thought about the con he was playing with her. He wanted her for who she was and not because he had to make her fall in his trap.