Chapter Twelve

Alex looked up at Belle who had a fear stricken expression on her face and Alex's heart immediately sank. She didn't mirror his feelings. Time stood still for Alex as he waited for Belle to say something.

'I love you damn it!"

"Please don't hurt me..."

"You wanted me to love you so I will love you"

"Don't hurt me please..."

Belle snapped out of the horrid memory of her past and looked at Alex who had now stood up and was looking at her with worried eyes.

"I want to go home Alex" Belle whispered so low that Alex barely heard her. Her body was shivering and she was not able to stand. Alex scooped her up in his arms and walked towards the car.

"Belle I am sorry if that was over whelming for you. I understand if you don't feel the same way for me." Alex said quietly.

"No Alex. I just....I need some time please. I respect your feelings" Belle said to Alex and squeezed his hand.

Alex dropped Belle off at her penthouse and kissed softly on her forehead before driving off.

Belle entered her penthouse and made her way to the kitchen. She took a bottle of white wine and headed towards her bedroom.

Three hours and a bottle of wine later Belle fell into a disturbed sleep.

Belle made her way towards her parent's room from where she could hear screaming. She could hear her father shouting and her mother crying.

Belle didn't understand why her daddy always yelled at her momma. He always said that he loved her then why did he hurt her so much. Sometimes Belle felt that he even hated her.

Belle came and stopped in front of the door, too scared to open it.

"Please George, don't do this. I am sorry. I didn't mean anything"

"You didn't mean anything you bitch! Now the whole city thinks I am a pathetic husband and a father!"

Belle heard a crash and her mother scream.

"You want me to love you huh?"
"No please...let go off me."
"You whore!" Another crash

"Get out of my sight you pathetic piece of shit!"

Suddenly the bedroom door opened and her mother stepped out crying but gasped when she saw Belle.

"Baby you okay?"

"Mama, why you crying?"

"I am happy dear. Your daddy loves your mamma so much. Come on let's go and sleep."

Belle didn't say anything but followed her mother to back to her room.

Belle woke up gasping and her body covered with cold sweat. The memories of her past haunted her every night and they always seemed so real. Belle was scared of the word love because if it depicted anything how her father "loved" her mother then she didn't want anything do to with it.

Her parents were the star couple during their days, that's how deceiving looks could be. No one had a clue what went on behind the closed doors of the Hawking's household. To the world George was the perfect husband and father and Martha was his perfect counterpart.

Belle took deep breaths to calm herself and got out of bed and headed to the balcony to get some fresh air and soon fell back asleep in the lounge chair.