Chapter Thirty

A week passed since Alex bought Hazel home and she was happy. Apparently Belle had told her that she would be visiting her daddy. Alex's heart soared whenever Hazel looked up at him called him Dada. She had him wrapped around her little finger.

Right now she was playing with a doll set while Alex was sitting on the couch and attending to business as he was from the past one week. Alex hadn't checked into his office from the past week as he needed to be near Hazel. However Alex knew he couldn't keep Hazel away from her mother so that is why he had decided to invite Belle over for dinner tonight.

Isabelle sat in her dining room, absent mindedly swirling the spoon in her already cold soup. She was barely hanging on as Alex has snatched away the only the only reason of her existence. Belle's employer at the diner had given a week off as Belle wasn't handling customers well due to her current state of mind. She mostly stayed in bed. Her mind was blank and she couldn't feel anything. Belle pushed back from the table and dumped the untouched soup in the garbage.

Belle was about to head back to her room when there was knocking on the door. Belle wasn't expecting any visitors. Belle opened the door leaving the chair lock in.

"Ms. Hawking?"

"Yes.."

"I am Mr. Knight's driver and he had sent me over to invite you for a dinner at his place. He requests you accompany me back to his house."

"Hazel.." Belle whispered. She could finally see her baby girl. "Just one moment please."

Belle ran to her room and quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a t shirt and grabbed her wallet without bothering to look in the mirror.

"Let's go" Belle said as she appeared at the door.

Belle couldn't help but fidget on her way to Alex's house. Even thought the drive was only like twenty minute, it felt like hours to Belle. Finally the car pulled up in front a huge house and the gates opened. The car went down the circular driveway and parked in front of the gates. As soon as Belle stepped out the car, Hazel came running and hugged her legs.

"MAMA!!!"

"Hey baby girl!" Belle said as tears went down her cheeks and she kissed Hazel all over her face.

Alex looked at the exchange between the mother and daughter and felt like he wouldn't even be allowed a place in hell for keeping a mother away from her child. Alex cleared his throat to gain Belle's attention and earned a glare from Belle followed by a quick fear and he noticed her clutch Hazel's to her chest.

"Thank you for coming Belle."

"I came for my daughter"

"Mama...come inside...I show you dolls dada got!!" Hazel squirmed in Belle's arm and she put her down. Hazel then grabbed her hand tried to pull her towards the living room. Belle complied and followed Hazel.

Alex watched as Belle listened to Hazel as she told the names of all her dolls. He loved the scene in front of him. To see the woman he loved and their child in his house. It felt so right that Alex wished there was some way he could keep Isabelle here forever. He also noticed with a sinking heart the dark circles along with swollen eyes and the sunken cheeks. What he did was taking toll on her not only mentally but physically as well. Alex pinched the bridge of his nose to prevent himself from letting out a pained cry.

Soon dinner was served and it was silent except for Hazel's childish blabbering and after dinner, Alex guided Belle towards Hazel's nursery so they could tuck her in. Alex stood at the door while Belle went and tucked in Hazel and kissed her on her nose and Hazel mimicked the action. Hazel was asleep within minutes and Belle looked up and looked into hazel orbs staring at him. She immediately averted her gaze.