Chapter Four

Isabelle rubbed her temples as her head pounded like someone was beating it with a hammer.

She had been in the office taking interviews for the past four hours and so far she could only short list two out of nearly thirty who had so far appeared for the interview.

Taking interviews for the position of a PA was more difficult than it seemed. Either the person who came for interview wasn't qualified in terms of education or just didn't seem up to the mark. Isabelle wanted someone who not only had the degree but also the capability of handling stress and most of all is able to cooperate with her.

Taking a deep breath, she pressed the buzzer indicating the next person to come in for the interview. Her intercom buzzed and she pressed the button to answer it.

"Yes Rosalie?" Rosalie was the temporary PA.

"This is the last candidate Ma'am."

"Okay. Thank you" Belle said as she cut the call.

The door opened and the next person stepped in and Isabelle's breath hitched in her throat.

"This is not a modeling agency"

"Excuse me" Alex said as he looked at the woman sitting in front of her. He had heard Daniel praise her beauty but it was nothing compared to seeing her in person. Isabelle Hawking was perfect. Her hair was a fiery red and her eye deep blue. Alex could not see her figure but he knew it would not be disappointing.

Belle looked at the man who was clearly gawking at her and she herself was doing the same. He was a good inches above six feet. His hazel eyes sparkled and his brown hair were perfectly styled. A well fitted suit covered his well built body. The Greek god cleared his throat and Belle snapped out of her trance.

"I am sorry I didn't understand what you just said." Alex asked though he was well aware what she said.

"Please never mind. Have a seat." Belle said politely trying to control her feelings. Even his voice had her drooling.

"Get a grip woman. What is wrong with you?" Belle mentally scolded herself.

Alex sat down and passed his file, which was all fake thanks to Daniel, to Isabelle. Alex had gone to college but he had his bachelor's degree in history, a subject that interested him a lot and he didn't know anything about business management but he knew he would survive as a PA.

"So Mr. Knight your education qualifications are perfect. It says you have a three year experience as well. Impressive I must say."

"Thank you, Ms. Hawking."

"But do you think you are capable of working here at Hawking & Sons and able to handle the stress?"

"Of course I am, Ms. Hawking. You just need to give me the chance and I will prove that not only am I the perfect candidate for this job but I can also well manage any given condition and cooperate well with my employer."

Isabelle nodded her head, quite impressed with him. She could see how well dressed he was. He surely belonged to an upper class family. Hence it confused her why he wanted a job as PA where as he seemed like a person who could be a CEO.

"May I ask why you require this job?"

"I would like to do something on my own rather than simply take what is offered to me by my father."

Alex didn't even know who his father was. His mother had ditched him at hospital when he was born and ever since he had gone from one foster home to another but Ms. Hawking didn't require knowing this. Alex was going to impersonate as a son of a rich man who wants to make his own name.

"Well thank you Mr. Knight. The company will call in you in a week if you are selected for the position."

"Thank you, Ms .Hawking." Alex got up and extended his hand for a handshake.

Isabelle took his hand and it seemed like an electric current shot up her arm. She looked up at Alex and noticed him looking at her with a hooded expression. She blushed and let go of his hand.

Alex nodded once and left the office.

"What just happened?" Isabelle thought to herself as she looked at the close door and without even thinking twice she circled Alexander Knight for the position of PA.