Chapter Thirty-Six

This chapter is dedicated to all the readers who have supported The Con Man  from day one. Thank you so much!♡

Two weeks later.

“BELLE! PLEASE HURRY! I THINK I AM GOING TO DIE!!!” Alex yelled as he lay sprawled on the kitchen floor.

Belle came running into the kitchen and saw Alex.

“Oh my god! Alex what were you doing?!” Belle said as she tried to help him up.

“No…just get me the painkiller from that bottle, stupid child safe cap.” Alex groaned.

“But you need to get up first!” Belle urged Alex as she tried to help him up.

“Please it is very painful to move. Get me the painkiller first” Alex panted while supporting his injured ribs. 

Belle hurriedly got up and grabbed the painkiller bottle from the counter top. She tried to open it but it was stuck. Alex groaned again and Belle tried to pry of the cap. On the third attempt it came off and Belle tilted the bottle on to her palm and gasped as a diamond ring tumbled out of it.

She looked around at Alex and saw him on his knee grinning.

“Alexander!” Belle yelled.

“You liked it?”

“You idiot!” Belle chucked the empty bottle at him.

“Hey, what are you doing? I am about to propose!” Alex said.

“You nearly gave me a heart attack Alex! I thought you were dying!”

“I thought this was the perfect proposal!”

“Really? You intended to propose to my dead body once I went into cardiac arrest!?”

“Oh come on. Now you are spoiling the mood. Let me propose.” Alex smiled at Belle

“Alex…”Belle said as she tried to calm down her heart. First his drama now the proposal, there was only so much a woman could handle in ten minutes.

“Will you...-----“Alex started but was cut off by Belle.

“Yes I will I marry you Alex!”

“You didn’t let me finish. At least let me do my speech…” Alex groaned

Belle knelt down next to him and hugged him.

“There is no need to say anything Alex because no words can explain to me how much you love me when I can see that unconditional love in your eyes. Thank you for stealing my heart con man.”

Alex took her hand and slipped on the ring onto her ring finger and kissed her knuckles.

“Your heart is the best thing I ever stole. I will treasure it forever, my Belle”

Five Years Later

“Mrs. Knight, we need you to start pushing.”

Belle screamed out as another contraction ripped through her body. Alex held her hand and tried to reassure her.

“Honey, how are you feeling?” Alex asked and regretted asking it instantly. Belle grabbed him by his hair.

“How does it look like I am feeling!?” Belle panted in between her contractions.

“Belle, I am sorry but love you need to start pushing” Alex said as he wiped the sweat of her forehead.

“Why don’t you do it if you are so eager? “Belle shot at him and screamed.

Alex took her hand once again and kept his mouth shut, assuring her only by squeezing her hand.

 Belle had been in labor from the past seven hours and it was killing Alex to see her in so much pain. He still wasn’t used to the labor despite this was their fourth child together. They had two more daughters after Hazel, Lillian Marie Knight and Rosalie Ann Knight, who were now three and one respectively. Alex loved having Belle glowing and radiant, pregnant with their child. However this time Belle had put her foot down and had said that she was happy with four children.

“Mrs. Knight…we are almost there, just one more push!”

Belle pushed and the cries of a newborn filled the room.

“Congratulations Mrs. and Mr. Knight, it is a baby boy.” The nurse said as she wrapped the baby in a cloth and gently put him on Belle’s breast.

“He is so adorable” Belle cooed as she looked at their baby boy.

“Handsome just like his daddy” Alex said as he caressed the baby’s cheek.

Belle laughed and kissed the baby’s forehead.

“You thought of a name for him?” Alex asked. They didn’t have the gender checked so he was surprise for them.

“Daniel Joseph Knight” Belle said and looked at Alex.

Alex stared at her in amazement.

“It is perfect” Alex said as he kissed Belle.

“Yes it is.”

“I love you Isabelle Knight”

“I know that”

THE END.