Chapter Thirty-One

Belle woke up and for a second she got scared as she took in the surrounding and then last night's events came back to her and she dropped back onto the pillow.

She was at Alex's house and she had agreed to stay here for the sake of Hazel. She couldn't understand this man. He was so infuriating. On one side he is caring, loving and begging her to come back but on the other hand he dragged her to court and took her daughter away. Belle shook her head.

"And then men say that women are difficult to understand" Belle said.

"Said something?"

Belle's head shot up and there he stood. First thing Belle noticed was his bare sculpted chest and the low riding sweatpants. He seemed like he had just stepped out the shower as his hair was wet and tousled. He was holding a tray with breakfast on it. Belle's heart skipped a beat as she took in his appearance.

She tried to push it the feeling away, she kicked the feeling, pushed it, tried to break it into pieces but no that feeling won and spread it wings, taking over her body. She loved this man, no matter what was the situation. She could not help it. The feeling was too strong.

"Are you done?" Alex said with an amused expression on his face.

"Huh?"

"Drooling over me"

"Shut up"

"I don't mind. I am all yours" He said as he came and kept the breakfast tray on the side table.

Alex took in her appearance. She looked so beautiful, even in the morning but Alex missed that red hair. He noticed she wasn't wearing her brown lens but her blue eyes were dull and empty.

"Belle..."Alex whispered as he leaned over her and took her face in his hand and with other one tried to brush back her curls from her face.

Belle's heartbeat started galloping at miles per hour and her mouth went dry. He was so close to her and she liked it.

"I miss your red hair..." Alex said as he traced a line from her temple all the way to her jaw. Belle closed her eyes and sighed. She missed his touch so much. Alex gently pushed her back in to the bed and shifted his body on top of her, taking his weight on his arms that he placed on either side of her head.

"I missed you gorgeous" Alex placed a light kiss on her chin and feathered kisses along her jaw line. Belle knew she should stop this but she couldn't. This was what her heart desired and it was too stubborn to let the brain say no.

Alex looked down at her. Her eyes were closed and her eyelashes casted shadows on her perfect cheekbones. He couldn't believe he had harbored hate and resentment for this woman from the past four years. One look at her and all that hate were replaced by double the love and affection. He fell in love harder this time and there was no looking back. He would give his soul for this woman. Yes there were still question about her past and pile of misunderstanding but there was no stopping the love he had for her.

Belle opened her eyes as she felt the loss of his touch on her face. She looked at his hazel eyes looking thoughtfully at him.

"Alex.."

"Yes?"

"What are you doing and why are you doing this to me?"

Alex sighed and pushed himself off her and lay down on his back next to her.

"I don't know what I am doing Belle. It is like while trying to fix things, I am making it even worse"

"Why did you file for a custody case?" Belle rolled over to her side and propped herself up on her elbow, looking at his handsome face. She had the urge to touch him but resisted it.