Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Gale?!" I exclaim as I hold onto Willow.

"I'll take her." Peeta whispers as he takes Willow from my protective arms and I nod my thank you's to him before walking out side, closing the door behind me.

"Babysitting?" Gale says with a touch of humor, but I shake my head, looking at my feet.

"No. She is not your daughter!" Gale exclaims in disbelief.

"She is. She was born about a two months ago. Her names Willow." I say looking into his grey eyes. He lets out a breath, reclaiming himself, I was eager to change the subject.

"I'm sorry about Prim, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." Gale blurts out, I stare at him in disbelief, did he come all this way to tell me this?

"I built those bombs, the ones that killed your sister, I'm sorry." He keeps going, avoiding my eyes. I slap him. causing him to stare in disbelief.

"Ka-" he begins.

"No! You can't blame yourself! You built them but Coin used them in ways you didn't know about!" I exclaim.

"But-" I slap him again making him stop.

"No buts! No blaming yourself!" I scold.

"Okay, I have to go." He says with a smile almost seeming to be holding back laughter. I smile back before walking back towards the house.

"Wait, Katniss!" Gale yells running back to me. I turn on my heel to face him.

"Here." He says handing me an envelope and leaving before I could ask about it. I walk inside to see Willow trying to wear an apron that is way too big for her. I laugh and pick her up off the floor and place the apron on the hook. I walk upstairs to see if Peeta is there, but he's not.

"Peeta?" I call out as I walk down the halls but I get no reply.

"Peeta!" I call again, but still no reply.

"Pe-" I'm cut off by cold hands touching my waist, making me jump. I hold onto Willow, I turn around to see Peeta's face just inches from mine.

"I was in the bathroom." He chuckles.