Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Mommy." A voice says, calling me from my sleep. I open my eyes slightly to see Willow standing in front of me. I look at my clock, 7:30.

"Hey." I say with a soft and tired voice as I lift her onto my lap.

"Can we go to the woods?" She asks. I smile.

"Sure, but first you should wake up daddy." I grin. She nods and climbs over me and over to her father. She shakes him, trying to wake him up.

"Katniss..." He mumbles. I couldn't help but laughing a little. He was talking in his sleep! Willow continues to shake him, trying to get him to awake.

"Katniss!" He yells, his face is consumed with fear.

"Peeta wake up!" I call, now scared, I try and shake him awake, but it's as if it won't work.

"Peeta!" I exclaim. His eyes fly open, he stares at me in disbelief for a split second before wrapping his arms around me, nestling his head in my hair.

"Mommy, daddy, why do you scream when you asweep?" Willow asks. I freeze and turn to stone, I'm pretty sure my heart skips a beat. I can't tell her about the games, not yet, she's only five, not even.

"Willow, just there's something in our past that makes us scared at night." Peeta explains, relieving me of telling her. She nods and curls up in our bed.

"I'm sorry." Willow says.

"About what?" Peeta asks.

"Asking why you scream." Willow says.

"Will, it's okay, we were gonna tell you eventually." I say.

She nods, "Can we go to the woods?" Willow asks again. Peeta laughs. She likes it out there.

"Yeah, of course." I say standing up to change.

"Do you guys want something to eat first?" Peeta asks.

"Sure." I smile. Peeta kisses me and we all walk down stairs. I got dressed in my fathers old hunting jacket, an old pair of ripped jeans, and my leather hunting jacket. We both get something to eat then leave. We are walking down the streets of 12, walking towards the coal mines. Peeta was taking the wild dog to Rooba the butcher. We would have meet for dinner which would be nice. I'm lost in thought I don't notice the person who's running strait towards me. I am thrown up agains a wall, hitting it with a thud, sending a pain through my spine, making me flinch in pain.

"Mommy!" I hear Willow scream. She was crying. The person in a black mask that covers his whole face, he pushes he arm into my throat make me begin gasping for air and coughing as I try to get free from their gasp. Willow was screaming and crying. I look at her, someone was holding her, keeping her from running away.

"Where baker boy?" The person asks, it sounds like a she.

"He's coming!" I cough trying to scare her. "PEETA!!!!!" I scream.

"He's not coming you liar!" She growls, digging her arm deeper into my throat. I feel like I'm about to black out, I can barley breath.
My vision begins to blur. The weight is thrown off my throat.

"You stay away from her!!!" The familiar voice yells I fall to the ground coughing.

"Katniss! Are you okay?" Naomi exclaims.

"Where's Willow." I groan, not answering her.

"She's right here." Naomi tells me.

"Mommy!" Willow exclaims, running to me. She was still crying, an everything was still blurry, I felt like I was going to black out.

"Katniss? Katniss!" Naomi exclaims.

"I need to get home." I groan. If these people have targeted me, they could go after Peeta.

"Okay." Gale says. He was now at my side, lifting me off the ground.

"They are gonna get Peeta." I say. I'm scared.

"Don't worry, they won't." Gale try's to reassure me.

"They will! I need to find him!" I exclaim, thrashing, trying to get from his arms.

"Catnip! Calm down!" Gale exclaims.

"I'm gonna go find Peeta." Naomi says before running off.

"Where's Willow?" I ask, looking up at Gale.

"Right here." He says. I nod, I'm scared, what if they found Peeta? What if they hurt him? What if they took him? I need to find him.

"Gale, I can walk." I say. He nods and sets me down. Something squeezes my leg, I feel like I've been grabbed. I look down and see Willow holding onto my leg. I stroke he hair as I try to calm her down. I lift her carefully into my arms. She's gotten big, it's harder to pick her up now.

"Katniss!" Naomi exclaims running back to me her eyes wide and her breathing fast.

"Naomi, what's going on?" I demand.

"Peeta's gone!"