Chapter 71

A Baby Mockingjay 71

Chapter 71

I wake up screaming from my night mare just to have Peeta slap his hand over my mouth.

"Shh..." He coos. I had just watch my daughter be killed, I can't help screaming, or at least crying. I nestle close to Peeta, begging for the thought of Willow being killed vanish.

"Look." Peeta says pointing at the small career pack bellow us.

"She has to be here, I heard her screams." Bolt growls.

"What if someone already killed her?" Alana suggests.

"Don't you think there would have been a cannon?" Slate snarls. She just nods and looks at her feet. I take and arrow and load it into my bow before Peeta stops me.

"If you shout they'll will find us."

"They'll be dead before that." I tell him. He pushes my bow down. I look into his pleading eyes and remove the bow from the bow.

"Let me see your stomach." Peeta says. I nod and lift my shirt, revealing the practically gone cut. He smiles and I do to. I don't feel any pain. I feel Peeta's lips touch my slightly swollen belly. I smile and run my fingers through his hair. He looks up at me and smiles.

"What's that!" Someone from bellow the tree exclaims. I suck in a breath and hold it.

"There they are! There they are!" Alana exclaims. I don't let out my breath, I continue to hold it, not letting it out.

"Katniss, breathe." Peeta whisper. I just nod and let my breath out slowly then breathe in again, repeating the sequel called breathing, begging the people bellow don't see us.